Untitled Part 34

ONE MONTH LATER

I'm leaving today, at 3:00PM. I had all the old roommates coming to see me off with their kids. I'd said goodbye to my friends yesterday with tears.

"When are you coming back?" Taylor asked.

"I don't know yet, Tay," I replied.

"Soon?" She asked.

"Probably not," I said.

"But you can't go forever!" Bradley moaned.

"I won't be gone forever, I promise that, but I'll still talk to you guys, don't worry," I said to them, giving them all hugs.

I gave all the adults hugs too. There were jokes about my height being made all around.

"Can we stop with the midget jokes, please? For once?" I asked.

"Alright, just this once," Corey said, smiling.

There was someone running towards us. "Is she gone?" The asked.

"Noah!" I said, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to say goodbye," He said, pulling me towards him into a hug. I hugged him back. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I will too," I said.

"Aww," I heard all the adults say.

"I think Quinn needs a stool, how tall is he, like, six foot?" I heard Corey say.

"Corey!" I moaned.

"I'm six foot three, Corey," Noah said, laughing.

"That's a whole foot taller than Quinn," Sam said, "Maybe even more."

I heard the intercom saying about my flight. I had to leave now.

"That's my flight," I said sadly.

I gave everyone a last hug and put my rucksack on, pulling my suitcases along with me. Tears were welling up and dropping down my face. I didn't dare turn back or I'd cry more. A few minutes later, I handed in my cases and carried on going to a waiting room after they checked my boarding pass and passport. I had the green car, that Bradley gave me four years ago, with me and was fiddling with it in my hands.

"You're a bit young to fly on your own, aren't you?" The old woman next to me asked.

"No, I'm eighteen but I'm really small for my age," I told her.

"Oh," She said, "I understand. I was always small."

"All my friends are really tall as well, even my twin," I said.

"You're a twin! I have a daughter who had twins, but she hasn't seen them for years after something happened," She said, "I'm Mariana by the way."

"I'm Quinn," I replied, "Are you from Spain?"

"Yes, I go back every year for three months to see my nieces and nephews," She said, "What about you?"

"I'm moving to Spain," I said, "I've got no one there."

"Oh, I see,"

Then we boarded the plane, where I was in economy and she was in first class. I had the window seat for this 11 hour flight. I'd get there at 2AM our time and 11AM Spanish time. There's a nine hour time difference between everyone I know and me.

After a ten minute wait, we were taking off. This time, I wasn't as excited as usual. I'm flying alone. No one to hold hands with as we pick up speed. No one to talk to. No one to annoy.