Untitled Part 31

Math class was now awkward between me and Dan. No words got spoken. Not even a look. It was the same routine. Mrs Arthur explained the work and we just got on with it, me getting nearly every question right. Dan not so much. My friends knew what happened that night. Ever once in awhile, Matt and Noah would send me looks, mouthing if I was all right and I'd nod sadly.

The bell went and Mrs Arthur told me to stay behind. I packed up my stuff and went to her desk. 

"Quinn, what's the matter?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Between you and Dan," Mrs Arthur said, "You two used to talk loads and now you say nothing."

I sighed, "Well, something happened at that dance and now... I don't trust him."

"Ok, well, if this makes you feel better, the next lessons are group work in threes so you can work with your friends," She said.

"Thank you," I said, smiling.

"Now off you go," 

I left the classroom and found Matt and Noah waiting for me. It's break now so we had about fifteen minutes.

"What was that about?" Matt asked.

"She noticed something about me and Dan not talking and asked about it," I said, "but good news, our next classes aren't serious work since we've had the tests and stuff, it's group work in threes."

"Yes!" Noah cheered.

We went to the usual spot outside and found Queenie, Kix and Alfie talking. We sat with them and the conversation was about me for some reason.

"Why're we talking about me?" I asked.

"Because you and your roommates have another prank war on," Kix said.

"Oh yeah, forgot about that," I sighed, "I'm dreading it."

"Why? You love pranks," Alfie said.

"So what? Everyone can be worse and Dad and me because I'm older than the other kids," I said.

"Ok, fair point. But you can just steal all their kids and stuff and pretend like nothing has happened," Alfie said.

"No, after last time with me, dad nearly called the cops and we don't want that," I said, laughing.

"What do you mean, last time?" Noah asked.

"Have you not seen that video?" I asked.

"Oh, I know which one," Matt said, "When you hid in Colby's bed?"

"Yep," I said, "I fell asleep under there too."

"These pranks are going to get out of hand one day," Queenie said, "Someone's going to get hurt."

"That's happened. Sam started bleeding at the smack-cam hand. Colby pretty much ripped his scalp with the pink wig," I listed, "There's probably more..."

"But Quinn never got pranked herself, because her roommates knew that if they got Quinn, they would get her dad," Matt said.

"Yeah, and now dad's going to prank me," I moaned.

"So who do you think will win?" Kix asked me.

"I don't know," I said, "Could go any way. But I have an idea if I get brought in on it."

"What?" Noah asked.

"I'm not telling, because you could tell," I said, smirking.

"Who'll it be on?" Queenie asked.