Chapter Three

I open my eyes and sit up. I see Ariana lying down on a small couch, her jacket draped over her. I rub my eyes in confusion. I see my Mom asleep in the hospital bed and everything comes back to me. I check my phone for the time, 9:15 a.m. I stand up from the other couch I was sleeping on and walk over to Ariana.
"Ariana wake up." I whisper in her ear.
"What? Where am I?" She says opening her eyes.
"Your at the hospital. Remember last night?" I say.
"Yes. How's your Mom?" She asks.
"I don't know? I just woke up." I answer.
Suddenly Mr. Tatani walks in the room.
"Hi girls. I just spoke to the doctor and she will be discharged in a few days if she wakes up soon." He says.
"That's great!" I answer.
Me and Ariana hug.
"Now I have to take you girls home." He says with a smile.

----------------

"Thanks for the ride home!"I say to Mr. Tatani before exiting the car.
"Anytime" He calls as I shut the door.
I watch them drive away. Then I start up my long driveway. My house is giant. My parents bought it when I was born.

Jackie's house

Jackie's house

I walk up my front steps and reach for my key in my purse. I unlock to front door and go inside. 

"Bark bark"
My Rottweiler puppy Bailey greets me at the door.
"Hey girl." I say crouching down to to pet her.
Bailey licks my face.
"Aren't you sweet." I say giving her a kiss.
I stand up and go upstairs. I got to my room. I drop my purse on the floor and kick off my shoes then flop on my bed. I grab my phone and scroll through instagram. I see pictures of last nights party. In background of one of the photos I see me and Chase making out and heading in the closet. I laugh quietly to myself. I shut off my phone and lie on my back. I look at my ceiling. I look at the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. My Dad had helped me put them up. I remember that when we had finished we had shut off the light and gazed up at them.
I feel a tear form in my eye. Suddenly I start to cry. Bailey waddles into my room and climbs up the puppy stair case by my bed and curls up beside me. I pull her close to me and keep on crying.

A few hours later....

I open my eyes and check the time.
Eleven o clock.
I sit up and walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror. My makeup has ran and my hair is all messed. I look like a wreck. I take off my clothes and jump in the shower. I wash my hair and my body. When I'm done I grab a towel off the rack and wrap myself up. I sit down and shave my legs then put on my lotion. I stand up and grab my robe off the back of the door and put it on. I walk to my room. I check my phone. Two messages from Ariana. I text her back.

Me: What's up?
Ariana: Nothing much. How r u?
Me: Ok. I just got out of the shower. Hbu?
Ariana: Pretty good. I got a text from Noah. She said Chase was asking about you after we left.
Me: Really?! Ari I'm sorry I kinda don't feel like taking rn. Ttyl ❤️
Ariana: It's ok. Take your time. Ttyl ❤️

I put down my phone and change into sweats and a Harvard sweatshirt. I go back to the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. When I'm done I go downstairs and pour a bowl of cereal. I grab my cereal and sit on the couch in my chill room/ den. I flip on Netflix and watch a movie. While I'm eating the landline rings. I pick up.
"Hello?" I say.
"Hi honey it's your Dad." Says the other voice.
"Dad! How are you. Actually WHERE ARE YOU." I answer.
"I'm in Florida." He answers.
"Florida!! Dad are you kidding me. First you leave Mom then you go to Florida. What the hell is wrong with you. You abandoned your daughter." I practically yell.
"Honey I know your mad but I think we can work this out." He says calmly.
"No Dad we can't "work this out". You've done your damage. I want nothing to do with you ok. You can go and find yourself another wife ok! BYE!" I answer.
I hang up.
Tears start to form in my eyes again. Now I am having an even worse day. I start bawling my eyes out. I curl into a little ball and watch my movie.

---------------

Intense chapter. I hope this makes up for not posting for a little.
My other book: Broken star.
Broken star chapter two is in the works so stay tuned for that!

Happy reading!!

Love, Hope