Chapter Eight

I open the door to my house and walk in. It's Wednesday and I just finished school.
"Hello??" I call.
"In the kitchen!" Calls Jessie.
I head into the kitchen to find my mom and Jessie. My Moms sitting in a wheel chair. She has the blanket me and Noah brought her over her lap.
"MOM!!" I cry dropping my bag on the floor and running over to her.
I give her a giant bear hug.
"Hey Jacks!" She says in a excited but calmer voice.
"I missed you." I wisper.
"I missed you to Kiddo." She whispers back.
We pull away and I plop on the floor beside her chair.
"When did you get home?" I ask.
"Jess came and got me this morning a little after you left for school." She says with a grin.
"When I got there she was already dressed and a the nurse helped her have a shower earlier that morning so she was sitting in her chair with her bag in her lap. The first thing she said to me was "Im hungry. Can we get some food on the way home?"She had happy look on her face too." Says Jess with a smile.
I laugh.
"What's for dinner?" Mom asks her younger sister.
"Meat loaf and ceaser salad and flavoured rice." She answers giving her sister a grin.
"Well well look who's now become a chef!" Says mom with a smirk.
"You guys crack me up" I say with a laugh.
"Obviously!" They say at the same time.
"JINKS!"
"Wow you guys are mature. I'm going to do homework." I say standing up and grabbing my bag.
I give Mom a kiss on the cheek and head upstairs.
I shut my door and take out my English textbook to study for the test. I grab my note book and start making up more notes to study. Suddenly my Phone goes off.  It's a text from Chase.
Chase: Hey babe. Whatcha doing?
Me: Studying for English exam 🙁wbu?
Chase: Drawing. It's a present for you but you can't see it till it's done.
Me:When's it done???!!!
Chase: Maybe tomorrow.....🙃
Me: Yay! Also btw my moms home from the hospital! So can't text you till later. Sorry ❤️
Chase: that's fine. Go spend time with your Mom! Ttyl ❤️
Me: bye❤️

I study for longer before my brain starts to hurt. Shutting my notebook I look at the clock, 5:56. Yes dinners almost ready! I head out of my room downstairs to where Mom and Jess are.
"Yummmm! It's smells like heaven!" I say sniffing the air.
"Thanks! I wish your Mom was more like you she's been annoying me about my cooking the whole time." Says Jess rolling her eyes at Mom.
"What?! All I said was that the last time she cooked she set the food on fire!" Says Mom acting all innocent.
"Mother!" I says with a laugh.
"Jackie please set the table and wheel your mother over there to please so she can leave me alone." Says Jess looking at Mom.
"Wow banishing me from my own kitchen! Well gee little sis!" Says Mom with a smile of joy.
"Now now you two be nice!" I say sarcastically while grabbing cutlery out of the drawer.
I walk over and wheel mom to the dining room. I help her transfer to a proper seat before setting the table.

"Honey how's school been?" Asks Mom.
"Eh boring. Like always." I say putting utensils at each spot.
"How was the party? I never heard about it." She says folding napkins.
"It was really fun. Um Mom can I tell you something.." I say nervously.
"Sure hon you can tell me anything." She says.
"I have a boyfriend." I say letting out a breath of air.
"Ooooo Jacks has a boyfriend , Jacks has a boyfriend!" She says teasingly.
"Mom!" I say rolling my eyes.
"Sorry honey I just had to. So what's his name?" She asks with a smile.
"Chase Larkin." I say.
"Oh I remember him. He's cute!" She says with a grin.
"Ya ya sure." I say smiling.
"Well congratulations. You know I have to meet this young man one day." She with a hinting look.
"Fine.. but you have to promise not to embarrass me!" I say looking her in the eyes.
"Fine I'll try my hardest." She says grinning.
"Good!" I say.
"Voila dinner is served." Says Jess with a French accent.
She puts all the food on the table and I get water for everyone.
Finally we all sit down and dig in.
"Well lil sis I have to say this is quite excellent." Says Mom with a fake British accent.
"Yeah Moms right." I say agreeing with Mom.
"Why thank you!" Says Jess.

After dinner.....

Dinners finished and put away. Me, Jess and Mom are sitting on the couch catching up.
"Well I have had quite an evening. I love it. Sadly this Mommys feeling a bit tired." Says Mom finally.
"Let me help you upstairs." Says Jess.

"Goodnight Mom I love you." I say when we've tucked her in her bed.
"I love you baby doll." Says Mom giving me a kiss on the cheek.
I turn out the light and and Jess closes the door.
"Well this was a successful night. Goodnight favourite niece!" Says Jess giving me a hug.
"Night Jess." I say.
I go to my room and change into pjs before going to brush my teeth and wash my face. Finally I fall into bed with Bailey beside me curled up in a ball. I quickly text goodnight to my boy before falling into a deep sleep of happiness.

Hey hi hello. Yes short chapter but there is more coming soon also I have changed Dexters name to Jasper so ya. He will be in the story soon I promise so trust me. Happy reading :)

Hope❤️