Chapter 13

Flashback Part 1

Taehyung was always the cute and kind-hearted kid at school. He would help people if they tripped or he would comfort those who were hurt. He had many friends in high school and always seemed cheerful.

RaYoon was more of an anti-social person. She didn't have many friends and she didn't try talking to others much. She wasn't shy, she just liked being in her own bubble.

RaYoon first met Taehyung on the first day of school. RaYoon was a freshman and Taehyung was a sophomore.

On the first day, RaYoon was walking around confused not knowing what to do since she was new.

As clumsy as always, the young girl bumped into someone making her drawing book fall. The person she bumped into bent down to grab the book. RaYoon lifted her head up to meet the person's face.

"Hi! I'm Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you!" He said with a smile still holding RaYoon's book.

"Uh..hi!" Said RaYoon with her eye on the book Taehyung was holding.

"May I take a look inside this book?" Asked Taehyung.

RaYoon nodded hesitantly before letting Taehyung slowly open the book. By the looks of it, Taehyung seemed amazed by the drawings RaYoon made.

"Wow! Have you ever tried painting? I think you would master it easily." Said Taehyung.

"I don't think so." Said RaYoon.

"You should try! There's the art room for the art class at the end of the hallway. I think this would help you fit in more. You have an amazing talent." Said Taehyung as he smiled.

RaYoon blushed a little as she stared at his rectangular smile.

"I didn't get your name." Said Taehyung.

"Oh. I'm Min RaYoon" she answered as she bowed to him.

"Nice to meet you RaYoon! I hope to see you during the year." Said Taehyung before giving the book back to RaYoon and walking off.

RaYoon stared at Taehyung's figure disappearing in the hallway as she tightly held on to her book.

"Kim Taehyung..." she softly said as a small smile appeared on her lips.

°°°

The year slowly passed by as RaYoon started having a passion for painting after meeting Taehyung. She wasn't able to see Taehyung much since he was a sophomore and he was always hanging around others, but that never stopped RaYoon from walking up to him from time to time and start up a small conversation that wouldn't last long.

Her heart would beat at a fast pace each time she saw him. The feelings she felt for him were always transferred onto a painting. RaYoon knew she liked Taehyung since she met him, but she didn't know how to tell him.

One day, RaYoon was walking through the school's hallways when she noticed Taehyung. His hands were in his pocket and he didn't have that rectangular cheerful smile he always had.

RaYoon grabbed all the courage she had and slowly walked up to him.

"Hey, Taehyung!" She said.

Taehyung didn't bother looking at her and just walked passed her as if she wasn't there.

RaYoon just told herself that he was probably tired because it was Monday morning.

If only RaYoon knew that Taehyung wasn't the cheerful kid anymore.