ten

It was cold outside

It was cold outside. It was evening, the sun softly setting against the horizon.

Hoseok and Gyuri sat on the swings, rocking back and forth. The swings squeaked under the pressure of their weights.

Hoseok breathed out, fog coming out. "Can we talk now?"

Gyuri nodded. "Where would you like me to start?"

"How about when you said you felt guilty?" Hoseok suggested.

Gyuri sighed and folded her hands in her lap. "A month before I broke up with you, someone confessed to me that they really liked me. I didn't know how to feel about that."

"Did you love him?" Hoseok questioned.

"No, I didn't. I never even thought about him in that way. Why'd you assume it was a man?" Gyuri asked.

"Sorry, sorry, I just... I'm pretty sure you're still straight..."

Gyuri chuckled. "I am still straight, and it was a man who confessed to me. During that time, I only loved you and no one else."

"So what happened?" Hoseok timidly asked. "Did you fall out of love with me?"

"No, I didn't."

"What about now?"

Gyuri swung her body forward. "I'm not sure. I'm here though, aren't I? I came to your rescue at the bar, didn't I? I don't actually know what that says about my feelings for you. Maybe, I should be crying at right now. I don't...know what to do or how to feel."

"Who was the man?" Hoseok asked, finally stopping himself from rocking the swing.

"I don't think you'd like it if I told you. I don't want to hurt you any longer, Hoseok. I've done enough damage in your life," Gyuri admitted.

"I'd like to hear it, Gyuri. Not knowing who broke us apart is torture enough. Please tell me," he pleaded.

She sighed. She didn't want to say it. She felt bad. "It was Jimin."