eighteen

"Gyuri, I think you've had enough for tonight."

"No!" she shouted, hugging the bottle to her chest and turning away from him. "I don't wanna stop!"

Hoseok sighed, gently slipping his fingers around the head of the bottle that was wrapped around her arms. "Gyuri," he whispered, "you've had enough. It's time to stop."

"But if I stop, I'll think about everything that went wrong in my life," she cried out. "I don't want to think, Hoseok. I don't want to remember. I want to forget."

"No, you don't. You're only saying that, Gyuri. Drinking isn't the answer."

"But you always drank when we were dating. Why can't it be my turn too?"

"Because you're not this type of person. You're the one who tried to convince me to stop drinking, and it worked for a while until you broke up with me. But you broke up with me for a reason. You're a good person," Hoseok said. "Let go of that tequila bottle, Gyuri."

She let go of it, the bottle pressing heavily against Hoseok's hand. He gripped it and set it on the ground, rolling it far away from her.

He held onto her and smoothened down her messy hair. He rocked his body back and forth, attempting to calm her down.

He hummed her a lullaby. Hoseok could feel his shoulder getting wet from her tears. Gyuri was a silent crier. She sniffled, bunching her hands around his t-shirt.

"I just want everything to go back as it was before. I want us to be happy and hang out with Jimin like before. I want to go to the café together again and hold hands like before. I want to go watch Taehyungs' plays and make fun of Namjoon in class again," Gyuri admitted.

"We can still do that," Hoseok whispered. "But I'll wait for you. I'll wait until you're sober to discuss where our future should go. Just know that I love you, Gyuri. I'll always love you. I don't know why I'm so hung up on you, but I just am. Smile for me, babygirl. Smile for me tonight before you change your mind in the morning," he requested.

Gyuri sniffled and looked up, braving a smile for him. "Maybe it's just drunk me talking, but I hope sober me doesn't change her mind in the morning."