seventeen

Jimin gulped and wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans. He didn't know why he agreed to meet up with Gyuri and Hoseok at the same time.

It was because he wanted to see her one more time. The last time he saw Gyuri was when she came to his rescue and picked up Hoseok from the bar.

Jimin couldn't control himself. He was never good at sticking to promises he made for himself. He wasn't not loyal, but he didn't know his boundaries.

Hoseok was grumpy and he wasn't even drunk. He had his arms crossed over his chest and he stared off to the side. Gyuri had an uncomfortable smile on her face as she nudged Hoseok's leg with her foot. Jimin shifted in his seat and stared anywhere but Gyuri and Hoseok.

The three met at the café Hoseok and Gyuri met at for their second date. The owner of the café knew Hoseok and Gyuri well because they would always go to the café in the past. The owner never knew why they suddenly stopped coming together.

"Jimin, Hoseok, you two need to talk it out. You two are best friends."

"We were, Gyuri. Stop trying to make us be best friends again," Hoseok said as he turned his head to look at Jimin.

"Gyuri, I think this is really unnecessary. It would be better if I didn't talk to hang out with either of you again," Jimin said.

"Jimin, please, no. I just want you two to talk with each other—nicely," she added after casting a look toward Hoseok.

"What else is there to talk about?" Jimin questioned.

"Thank you!" Hoseok exclaimed. "He took the words right out of my mouth. I loved you, he liked you and betrayed me by coming after you, and then you broke up with me because you felt guilty. I think that explains a good part of it."

"This isn't some Korean drama, guys. Can we solve this like civil people and try not to create drama?" Gyuri asked. "Hoseok, what Jimin was not completely his choice. That's just how people are. We suddenly like people we're most likely close to. If you didn't become friends with me, we would've likely never dated."

"If Jimin didn't become friends with you, we would have kept dating," he replied.

Gyuri smacked his head. "Take this seriously."

"Hyung, I'm sorry I fell in love with Gyuri. I didn't choose to. If I could pick who I fell in love with, I'd pick a random, beautiful girl from the streets, but that's not the type of person I am. I don't believe in love at first sight. I have to get to know a person first. I'm sorry that I got too close to Gyuri, Hyung. I know you haven't forgiven me and I know you probably never will," Jimin said, bowing his head down. "Please try to forgive me for Gyuri's sake. Don't do it for me, but for her, if you still love her."

"Do you still love me?" Gyuri asked Hoseok.

He sighed. "I do. I really do. Fine, I'll try, Jimin, but it doesn't mean that I'll continue to hang out with you or be your dance partner for a while."

Jimin nodded. "That's understandable, Hyung. I'll see you tomorrow then."

Jimin awkwardly left the café. Hoseok and Gyuri stared at each other.

"I know I'm being a hypocrite by saying this, but can we go get some drinks and go home?" Gyuri asked.

Home. He was going back home.