eleven

They sat down at the café they went to on their second date

They sat down at the café they went to on their second date. They always went to that café on the weekends afterward. The two of them ordered hot chocolate and warmed up their faces by placing the hot chocolate underneath their faces.

"Jimin...confessed to you?" Hoseok numbly asked.

Gyuri nodded. "A month before I broke up with you. I couldn't handle it, Hoseok. I mean, your classmate and best friend? He started texting me these sweet and adorable notes every morning before I went to class, he would ask me out to lunch on days where you chose to stay behind and practice some more, he took me to a field of flowers because he knew I used to go to that same field with my parents. What was I supposed to do? I felt so guilty that I was going behind your back and doing all of those things with a man who liked me who wasn't you."

"So you decided to break up with me?" Hoseok questioned. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"And sound like a paranoid person who loves the attention? Besides that fact, I was scared to break your friendship with Jimin. He's a sweet boy, Hoseok, and he admires you so much."

Hoseok sighed and placed his head in his hands. "Now that I know this, I can't just pretend that everything is okay. Should I tell Jimin I know?"

"Don't do that! It'll ruin everything between you two," Gyuri replied.

"Gyuri, if I already know, it already ruined everything. I have to talk to him about it. I mean, does he not feel remorse or guilt?"

"For what? For liking me? We can't pick who we like, Hoseok."

Hoseok pouted. "Sometimes we can," he mumbled.

"Hoseok," Gyuri warned.

"I know, I know. Can we get some drinks? My brain hurts from all this thinking. Some tequila would help."

"Ho—no! Get back here! Hoseok, where are you going?"

Hoseok got up from the table and started away to the exit, throwing away the cup of hot chocolate in the trashcan. Gyuri got up and followed him out the door.

"Hoseok, you are not getting drunk on tequila again! I forbid you!" Gyuri shouted.

"We're not dating anymore, Gyuri. You can't control me anymore when it comes to drinking," Hoseok said.

"Man, are you a dick even when you think about tequila?" Gyuri whispered. "If you don't stop drinking, I'll never speak to you again," she said louder.

Hoseok stopped walking. "Unless you walk me home, I'll go straight to the bar."