Chapter 13

"Give me the keys, I'll drive." I wrap my arm around Harry's back under the dimmed sky of the full parking lot. The lots lights are lined up all around and across and the breeze has created a steady pace under the half moon.

"It's fine, I can do it." He insists even unsure of his own claim.

Today, in particular, has been a fairly amazing day. Not only do I have Harry back, but he's happy, alive, and well again. After lunch we watched Ellen and he remained confused the whole time as Ed talked and performed. I had to give a whole biography on him and surprisingly, he doesn't find him that bad and asked me to download my favorite songs by him for him. He's a great artist, I won't lie. His lyrics never fail and what tops it off, is that he writes his own. He's a lyric genius.

After watching that, we took all of the bags and boxes of broken glass and furniture out to be thrown away. He didn't really let me do much but I can't complain about the sight of him lifting. He finally took his car off the lawn, which left tire marks on the grass, and set it in front of the garage. He's worried that his mom is going to flip over it because he ruined her roses and daisies but insisted that, "I'll fix it before she even notices. I can plant flowers and shit." I can't wait to see him do that.

We had dinner at Chili's and all was going well until he said he was feeling dizzy. I thought it was because he was dehydrated and I ordered him another water but it didn't help him at all and he kept leaning off of his chair. I'm worried for him even though I probably shouldn't be, but his eyes were rolling back and he was turning pale.

"You can't stand straight, please let me drive." I have my permit and Harry's old enough to accompany me since I'm under age but even if I didn't have it, I wouldn't let him drive in this condition.

Weakly, he hands me the keys and I open the passengers door and carefully help him in. His palms are so sweaty and he just looks horrible. I feel so bad.

"Do you want me to go back and get you another water?" He shifts in his seat and groans, biting his lip from the pain and shakes his head. He was fine all day, it's weird how he suddenly became ill. Maybe it was something he ate. That Buffalo burger did seem like a bit too much but I doubt it was that.

"Shit," He groans as I turn the ignition on, "my head is killing me." His frail body leans forward, elbows resting on his thighs and he grabs a fist full of his hair and pulls, hoping that the tugging will ease the pain.

"Do you have medicine at home?" I push the hairs away from his forehead and do my best to relieve the ache but what's concerning me more is how over headed he feels.

"Yeah," He pulls the lever and pushes the seat back, "my stomach hurts too." Both of his arms cross over his face and I begin to drive. Hopefully he has some medicine at home to help him and I'll make him some tea, if he wants.

Maybe it's from all of the stress and yelling he has done in the passed two days that's swelled in his head. He's been through a lot these last forty eight hours so a headache is understandable. I'm sure it's nothing serious but when I make the appointment for his scar we'll get the rest of his body checked. Maybe his sugar is high or his cholesterol level isn't right. I'm not sure what he did the week that I was gone but maybe this is the effect of it. Judging the stench, bags under his eyes, and beaten image from Wednesday, I'm guessing he wasn't doing so well.

The roads are dark with only street lights guiding me through it and I reach over to grab Harry's hand in mine and it's burning. It's honestly so strange and sudden only because a few minutes before he began to complain, we were both laughing and smiling, him more than me and I thought he was doing well. Maybe it's food poisoning. That would make sense but then again he would be in more excruciating pain than this if that were the case.