Chapter 47

Warning: Physical Violence.

My heart is freezing and thawing from the alarm and panic in my chest. After all of these months; the tears, screams, fighting, the breakups--I finally faced the man that ruined Harry's life. The man who is responsible for his trust issues, his hatred towards the world, towards himself. It was as if I was looking the Devil in the eyes and I saw the fumes of hell ignite and rise as they looked at me.

I'm shaking. I'm weak. I'm terrified.

"Harry, please!" I beg him struggling to unleash myself from him grip, but he has pinned me down below his heavy body. "Harry!" I scream but he isn't listening. I'm not afraid of him or what he wants to do. I know where is mind is and I know him too well to even think a bad thought or intention he has, but I'm pleading at the top of my lungs and resisting to the point where my limbs are going to break off.

"Babe, relax." He tries to calm me as his lips sucks on the skin of my neck. I'm not in any way turned on or a bit excited. I've been craving his touch for so long but there's nothing that could distract me now and I need him to listen to me.

"Harry," I'm panting, out of breath, and breaking into a sweat while I attempt to calm myself. How can I be calm? This man raped, abused, and lead Mia to take her own life. She was pregnant with Harry's child, for God sake's! "Harry, please. Get off of me." I'm not squirming or wiggling, I'm just laying here defenseless and weak to the bone.

He finally stops, his lips a deep red and eyes dilated into black holes and I'm trying to keep myself from blinking so that the tears won't fall.

"I have an idea." A light bulb shines above his head accompanying a smile as big as the Joker's, and he releases my stinging wrists. "I have the perfect idea." He's so damn oblivious. Why won't he listen to me? "Stay here, don't move." He stands from the bed and hurries to the door and I'm bemused at how unobservant he is of my tone and facial expressions. Is he not paying attention to that? He can't be that drunk.

"Where are you going?" Frantically, I jump off the bed and bolt in front of him to block the door as if Blake is standing on the other side, and he steps back sighing. "You need to listen to me, please don't go." I'm a child before him who has seen something bad; something so sinful from someone so evil, but he's the unfazed parent who thinks I'm playing a game.

I want to scream it out. I want to tell him straight forward who is walking the same grounds as us, but I'm so petrified that the words are cowering behind my throat. All I can manage to do is beg him to stay.

"I'll be right back," he repeats grabbing the knob beside me and turning it. I'm refusing to move and he's not happy. "Alee, move. I'll be right back. Relax." He's kisses me and I'm on the verge of breaking down.

He opens the door and I stumble trying to maintain my balance, and the mumbled music turns into a piercing ringing in my ears. "Close the door, don't go anywhere," he commands looking back at me as he walks away and like the pathetic person that I am, I stand and listen, "two seconds."

I slam the door shut and kick my heels off because the heels of my feet are sore and I can't walk straight anymore. My hair is now the victim of my tugging and I'm pacing feeling my heart rise up to the pit of my throat. I'm so stupid! Harley told me he was coming and it slipped my mind. How!? How did I let that happen? How did I become so careless and absentminded over something this serious? How am I going to tell him? How will I calm him? What is he going to do?

I can't breathe.

I wobble to the end of the bed and sit, closing my eyes as I feel my body sway uncontrollably. I can hear myself breathing and my heart jointly beating with it, and that's all my ears are consuming. I can't hear anything and I feel like I'm falling in my sleep.