Chapter 45

Roars of hundreds of students voices mix into a tune of laughter and chattering as we all dismiss together. Half of the juniors had an early dismissal since it's prom tonight, and the other half whose all going to Niall's party tonight are ready to drink and smoke until their lungs give in. I've been beside Harry the entire day and not once did he speak. Not to his friends, teachers, or to me. He remained in silence because his heart is deluged in pain. I wanted to see if he wanted to talk it out so many times but I knew it wouldn't change anything. I don't even think he wants to talk, I think he just wants to be on his own until it all dissolves, but judging by how he's acting, I don't think it's going to be anytime soon.

"I have a fucking headache." Conor presses both of his forefingers to his temples and begins to rub circles as Niall approaches us laughing. He was most probably drinking last night since, from what I heard from Harley, he's been doing a lot this passed week.

Harry ignores his comment and looks away, staring off into the distance as his hand tightens in mine. "Yo, mates!" Niall extends his hand for Conor to grab and his frown of pain shifts into a smile.

"You bastard, where were you? I've been waiting here for twenty minutes." Conor roughly but playfully slaps Niall's shoulder and he stumbles back chuckling.

"Inviting more people to the party. It's going to be fucking insane, man!"

"Ready to leave?" Harry whispers in my ear and I nod. His eyes haven't changed either. They're still glossy showing the highest level of stress and sadness and it honestly makes me want to cry.

"Alright guys, we're going to go." I announce and they all look to us, "we'll see you tonight."

"Okay, don't be late." Niall winks while Conor shakes Harry's hand, and I feel a weird vibe coming off of him that I can't really explain. I think it's just me but he seems so---covered. As if he knows something we should, you know?

"Later babe." Conor lifts his hand into a wave and smiles back at me before running to catch up with Niall and his friends, and Harry untangles our fingers to wrap his arm around my back.

"Alan's taking you?" He asks, his tone hushed.

"Yeah, but I'm going to stay with you tonight."

"Did you ask?"

"I'll tell my mom, she'll understand." I look up at him and he frowns twisting my heart in my chest.

"Oh, okay."

"Listen," I stop us at the gate of the parking lot and step in front of him, collecting his fallen strands of hair over his eyes to brush back. He blinks slowly, licking the corners of his lips as his frown begs for help, "I'm really sorry this is all happening to you and I know I've said it two million times, but I promise it's going to get better. I won't tell you how you should feel, but just know there are people who care for you Harry, and my love and affection towards you is ten times stronger than everyone's combined. " These are words he has heard plenty of times before, but I feel like if I keep reminding him and reassuring him of these things, he won't feel as bad. I'm just trying to fill the hole.

Without saying a word, he slides his fingers over my cheeks and under my hair, cupping my face gently in his warm palms and presses his lips to mine that spellbinds me each contact he makes with my skin. Wrapping my hands around his thick wrists, he stops and rests his forehead to mine, panting against me while I peck him once more. The shortest kiss turns his lips a light magenta making them look even more kissable. "Thank you." He says trying to fight back a smile.

I fold my arms around his neck and hug him, "I really hate seeing you sad."

"I know." He whispers into my neck.