"Friends" Chapter 5

VALERIE'S POV

I ran over to Gio and wrapped my arms around him. I couldn't even believe he was here.
"I missed you V." was muffled into my neck and I couldn't even believe all of this.
"I missed you so much, Gio..." I really did. before I even knew it, his lips were on mine.
Just like old times.
I was so lost in Gio that I wasn't thrown back into reality until heard my dad calling Jimmy's name.
Oh my gosh.. Jimmy.
I immediately pulled away from Gio and looked over to where Jimmy was sitting but he was gone.
I felt Gio try to kiss me again but I completely let go of him.
"Where's Jim?!" I yelled over to my mom. She pointed to the front door and my dad was already outside.
I was confused and didn't know what to do.
"What's wrong?" I heard Gio's voice come from behind me.
I looked over to Dan and he also looked confused.
"Val!" I finally turned around to Gio and he looked at me.
I loved Gio and I knew he loved me too.
My dad told me to take risks!
I felt Gio grab my hand.
"Baby... talk to me."
I looked into his eyes and pulled him towards the back door.
We got outside and I paced in the back alley way.
"What's going on?"
"I don't know! What are you doing here?" I threw my hands up. I was excited but still confused.
I was so happy to see him.
"What am I doing here? I was eating and I looked up and saw you sitting there! I had to talk to you..." I gave him a small smile.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him.
"I missed you so much, Val... I'm so glad you're back." He pulled me into him and kissed me.
Every time he kissed me, I kept thinking about our past and how bad I felt that I left him like that.
But Gio was in my past.
"I'm not back for good... I'm just visiting my parents with a friend." I pulled away from his mouth and gently pushed him away.
"I never thought I'd see you again. I can't believe this."
He smiled down at me.
He grabbed my hands and kissed each one.
"Can we go somewhere and sit down? We should talk." He pleaded with me to stay. "Come on... Please? I haven't seen you in forever..."
"I need to see to Jimmy..." I pulled away from him and began to walk back inside.
"Who's Jimmy?" He followed me.
"My boyf-.." I stopped myself and saw that everyone from my table was gone.
"Your what?"
"Oh no..." I took off and ran outside. I saw my family surrounding Jimmy and his face was red.
I felt Gio grab my wrist.
"He's your what?"
"My.. my best friend."
"Okay! Let's talk, please."
I yanked my hand out of his grip and ran towards my family.
My dad saw me coming towards them and said something to Jimmy.
Jimmy walked past my dad and started walking towards me.
I met him halfway and saw that he was crying.
I finally reached him and grabbed onto his shirt.
"Jim..." I just wanted to hug him and tell him I was sorry.
"What's going on? Who the hell is that?" He pointed behind me.
"We need to talk in private."
"Wha..." I heard him mumble something and try and pull himself together.
I grabbed onto his hand but he immediately let go.
"Val, where are you going?"
I heard Gio call after me. I walked with Jimmy back to my family and we started walking towards the car.
"VAL!"
I turned around.
"I'LL FUCKING CALL YOU LATER!" I screamed back at him.
I was tired of being talked to. I just wanted to think about all of this.
I must've startled Jimmy because he looked at me like I was crazy.
We got into the car and I had no idea what to say or how to act.
"Val... What just happened back there?" I heard Dan's curious voice say.
"I don't fucking know! Just give me a few minutes to think!"
"Language, honey..." My mom looked back at me and then looked over at Jimmy.
I glanced at him and he had his head hanging down.
I had never seen him act this way.
After what seemed like the longest drive home, we finally got there.
I was dreading having this conversation with Jimmy.
I honestly didn't know what I wanted and I definitely didn't want to lead him on.
We got into the house and Jimmy and I went straight up to my room.
I closed the door behind us.
"What the fuck, Val?! What was that?!"
"I-I don't know, okay?!" I put my fingers on the temples of my head.
"Well obviously you do! You're telling me you just started kissing a random stranger?" he took a step towards me.
"No! I-"
"Who was he?!"
He yelled so loud and I just wanted to break down and cry.
"He was... my ex." I looked up at him and he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.
"Do you just randomly go kissing all of your exes?"
"No, Jim... It's not like that."
"Then what is it?! Tell me and stop fucking with me!" He took a deep breath in and held it.
"I left him when I moved to New York and things never really ended between us. We were about to be engaged and I was so in love with him. I loved him, Jimmy! I still do."
His eyes shot up to me and he looked so hurt. I couldn't believe I was hurting him like this... This wasn't what I wanted at all.
"Then why would you start something with me if you're still in love with somebody else?! That's so fucked up, Val!" He got tears I his eyes and so did I.
"Jimmy... You were my best friend before all of this... and I don't know what to do in this situation. I really need you here for me."
"How can I-" He sat down on the bed and looked down at the floor.
"I'm always here for you... You know that... Well? Are you getting back together with him?"
I paced in front of him, which I've been doing a lot of lately and then stopped.
"I don't know... I don't even understand what just happened. I'm so sorry..."
"Sorry for what?" He still wouldn't look at me.
I really didn't know what I was sorry for. I just felt like the most awful person in the entire world. I'm so indecisive and I don't know what to do.
I love Gio but gosh Jimmy...
He is just incredible.
Gio never makes me laugh the way Jimmy can.
"I just don't want to hurt you... ever." I began to cry, harder than I did before.
"Val..." He stood up and pulled me into his chest. "I adore you... you know I do... I just can't put my heart into something, someone unless I'm 100% sure it's the real deal... and I can't help it. There's no possible way that I could share you. It would just kill me."
I held into him so tight.
I felt him rub my back.
He really cares so much about me.
My family loves him.
I love him.