"Friends" Chapter 35

VALERIE'S POV

For the past two weeks, Gio and I have gotten together with a realtor and we have been trying to sell our house. Apparently, right now is a really bad time for selling houses... We have had no luck. The only way we can move back to New York City is if we sell our house first. We found a great apartment that is a really convenient distance from 30 Rock. I love it so much, it's a small studio apartment, but its perfect for Gio and I.

I told Lorne I would start work in three weeks, so now, I only have a week to get to the city. Gio and I have both been really stressed out lately with everything...

"What the hell are we going to do?" I threw my hands up and sat down onto the couch. This was my reaction to the realtor calling us and telling us that she had no people interested today... This is not a shock to us, because it's the fifth day in a row that we've gotten this call, it's just so frustrating.

"Baby, calm down. We will figure something out, okay?" He sat down next to me with two beers in his hands.

"How? How the hell are we going to figure something out in a week, Gio? I have to be there in seven days!!!" I could feel my blood pressure rising.

"Hey, look at me." I couldn't even focus on him... My mind was running a million miles a minute. "Val..." I looked up to him and a smile spread across his face. "We are going to be okay. If we can't sell the house by the end of the week, I will find you a hotel to stay in just until we sell, okay? I'll stay here until it gets sold, and then I will meet you there. Just calm down, we got this." He rubbed my arm. "Now, here." He handed me the cold beer bottle. "Sit back and just try and relax." He scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around me. I leaned into his chest and brought my knees up closer to me. "We will be fine, honey." I looked up to his face and his eyes were on the TV.

"You promise?" He looked down to me and kissed my forehead. His lips were cold and smelt like beer.

"Promise."

We spent the rest of the week packing and working our asses off, just trying to get this damn place sold. At this point, I just want to be in my city now... I'm ready to get out of here.

The end of the week finally came and nothing happened. We had a few people come and look at the house, but none have called back. Gio already booked me a room at the Trump SoHo, which is pretty far from work, but he knows someone who works there and so they got us a really great deal. I had a suitcase packed and our house was filled with boxes that were ready to be moved into the city.

We sold my car a few days ago because now that we're moving to the 'walking city', we really don't need my car, but we're keeping Gio's.

I decided to go ahead and just fly into the city this time. I'm really tired of driving the three hours there, and so this 45-minute plane ride should be a breeze.

I made plans for my mom to drive me to the airport because Gio had to go to work this morning.

I sat on the kitchen counter (waiting for my mom) and watched Gio make coffee in our house for the last time.

"Hey, make sure that when you get there you call me, okay?" He poured his coffee into a to go cup and put the lid on it.

"Yeah, I will." I had to admit, I was a little sad about leaving our home. We bought it together right after we got married and we just had a ton of memories in here.

He walked over to me and set his hands on my legs. "Next time I see you, we'll be New Yorkers!!!" A smile spread across his face and he kissed my cheek. His face stayed close to mine and I took in his scent

"Hey, I'm already a New Yorker, remember?" I ran my fingers through his hair. "And technically, you are too..." He kissed the spot right below my ear.