"Friends" Chapter 44

VALERIE'S POV

I could hear my heart beat so loudly in my ears as Gio kissed me. I wonder if he could taste Jimmy on my lips...

I pulled away from him and he gave me a weird look.

"You okay?" He reached up and rubbed my arm.

"Yeah! I'm just a little bit surprised, you know? Wasn't exactly expecting you..." I was having a hard time speaking with so many things running through my mind.

What was Jimmy doing? Oh gosh I hope Gio doesn't find him.

"Yeah, baby I just wanted to come early and apologize for everything that happened the other day... I was just trying to blow off some steam. Things have been stressful, you know?"

"Yeah, but who was that girl?" I took a step away from him and his hand that was holding my arm fell down to his side.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes it matters! Who was she?" He leaned back onto the door and crossed his arms.

"She was one of the girls who worked at the bar."

"And why did she pick up your phone?"

"I don't fucking know, okay! I was really out of it!" He threw his hands up and the loudness of his voice made me jump. "Can we just forget about it? I am here, with you..." I saw the loving look come back into his eyes and he tried to touch my face. I turned around and rubbed my forehead.

"Gio... I just... Yeah. Whatever. It's forgotten." I walked over to the couch and sat down.

Where the hell is Jimmy?

"Good, good. Now, I just drove three hours and I feel super gross and exhausted. I'm going to hop into the shower." I couldn't see what he was doing but I immediately jumped up and ran over to the bedroom door.

"Well, maybe umm... You know, the bathroom is really small and I could use a shower too." I stood in front of the it and leaned on it to where he couldn't get in.

"Well then, I guess you'll just have to join me, huh?" The loving look turned into lust as he leaned into me and kissed my lips. I had never felt like throwing up when he kissed me, until now.

I wish that was Jimmy kissing me.

I tried to pull away without looking disgusted and he only pulled me closer to him.

"Gio.."

"Baby, come on. We haven't in such a long time..." He pressed his body up against mine and he grabbed my breast tightly with his right hand.

"Gio stop.. I'm not in the mood." I tried to push his hand away but he didn't budge.

"I'm in the mood..." He tried to stick his tongue in my mouth but I held my teeth together.

"Gio stop!" I pushed him away harder this time. He grabbed my body really harshly and it actually hurt. "Gio!" I leaned back and hit him straight across the cheek. He jumped back and grabbed his face. I immediately felt bad.

"What the fuck? Valerie! I haven't seen you in a month and you don't even want to touch me? What is wrong?" He threw his hands up.

"Nothing is wrong! I am just not in the fucking mood to fuck a guy I don't trust!" I really surprised myself when I said that. I wasn't sure if I meant it...

"You don't trust..? Fine. I came all the way out here to surprise you and this is how you treat me... I stayed home and sold our house! I did all of this for you... You always mess things up..."