"Friends" Chapter 46

VALERIE'S POV

I woke up the next morning in my hotel room. I rolled around in my bed and found my phone next to me. I looked at it and saw that I had a message from Jimmy. I automatically smiled when I read his name on my screen.

Hi there cutie, just wanted to say I miss you... Even though I saw you only a few hours ago... Damn the Irish mushy side of me... Anyways, I don't know how you're going to confront G but whenever you do it, just know I'm here for you, okay? I love you, Valerie. **lots of kisses**

I smiled even bigger and then remembered everything that happened last night.

I wasn't going to lie to myself, I kind of knew something happened with Gio. There was just this bad feeling in my gut that wouldn't go away... After Jimmy told me what Gio had said to him, I told Jimmy I was going to tell Gio that I knew he cheated and I was going to tell him that I did too... I was so nervous about it all.

When I got back to the hotel last night, Gio was passed out outside the room with blood all over his face. I picked him up and threw him onto the couch. I went asleep right after, just trying to forget it all.

I heard some movement in the living room area of the hotel room and I got up out of bed. It was time to do this. I took a deep breath and walked over to Gio.

I turned the corner and saw him sitting at the end of the couch. His hair was a mess and he was looking down at his phone. The floorboards beneath my feet creaked and he looked up to me.

"Hey, V." He gave me an unsure smile and I walked over to him.

"Good morning... How are you feeling?" I sat down on the chair next to the couch, where he was seated, and crossed my legs.

"My head is pounding and I think my nose is broken." He reached up to his dark blue nose and touched it. "Owch..." He put his hand back into his lap. "I have no idea what happened last night..."

"Yeah? Well actually, Gio... There is something that I need to talk with you about..." His eyes shot up to mine and he looked concerned.

"O-Okay..." He set his phone down and leaned back onto the couch.

"I'm just going to straight up say this and I don't want you to say anything until I say so, okay?" He nodded his head and looked down to his hands. "Jeez, this is hard..." I looked down at my wedding ring and twisted it around my finger. "I know you cheated on me." His eyes shot up to mine and I couldn't look at him. "I know what happened last night because Jimmy told me... You went over to his place to talk to him about you and me and you somehow got drunk... And you told Jimmy that you slept with the girl from the bar."

"Val... I-"

"No, really.. You don't have to say anything. I don't want you to say anything." I looked back up to him and he had tears streaming down his face. "I kind of already knew... I don't know why, I just did... Wives, we get gut feelings about these kinds of things..." I put my hand up to my heart. "Anyways... There is something else that I need to tell you, okay?" I looked back down to my left hand and took my wedding ring off. I set it on the table in front of him and he looked down to it, in shock. "I can't do this anymore, Gio... I can't..."

"Baby I'm so sorry... We can work on this!" His voice got loud and he stood up and lunged towards me.

"You know what, Gio?" I leaned back and put my hands up in defense. "I don't want to work on this... I really don't. And don't give me that look..." I pointed my finger at his face. He was giving me the same disgusted look he always gives me when he's confused and pissed off. He slowly sat back down. "I'm not being lazy. I am telling you this because... I umm..." I couldn't get the words out... "I slept with someone else, too."