"Friends" Chapter 34

VALERIE'S POV

Jimmy.

As I looked into his eyes that I had loved so dearly in the past, I could feel my heart beat in my ears and it felt like it got harder to breathe.

Why did it feel like this?

He had a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye. He was wearing a black, long sleeved cotton shirt with a few buttons towards the top with some gray jeans. His hair was a little disheveled. It was shorter from the last time I saw him but it was more styled. It looked good. His face had aged and filled in a little more. He had lines underneath his eyes that I'd never seen before.

Tina walked around me and wrapped her arm around his waist. I knew that they were talking to each other but for some reason I just couldn't hear anything. Everything was silent and the only thing I could see was Jimmy.

I saw Tina smile and look over at me. She took a step towards me and set her hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" I suddenly could hear everything and I looked up at her.

"Yeah, I'm good." I nervously smiled at her.

"How have you been?" His deep voice caught my attention and I was immediately drawn back over to him.

"I have been really great... How have you been?"

"Better." He gave me a small smile and I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. "So you're back at SNL?" He took a step towards me.

"Y-Yeah... I just talked to Lorne and I start work in a few weeks."

"Yeah? That's great. I was just on my way to go talk to him. I should get going... I'll see you guys later." He flashed Tina a smile and then walked towards me. He set his hand on my shoulder and leaned into my ear. I could smell him, it was the smell that I used to cherish. I used to not wash my shirts or my sheets because they had his scent on them...

He leaned into my cheek and I could feel his breath on my ear. "You've never looked better." His quiet words seemed to exit his mouth so slowly. Before he walked past me, I watched him as his eyes lingered on mine. I had seen that look in his eyes before.

It felt like everything moved in slow motion... The entire room seemed to get dark and the only thing I could see was Jimmy.

--His eyes were dark but he looked so sincere. "Oh my gosh..." My bed felt complete with him in it. He dropped his head down into my shoulder and sped up his pace. "Val..." I smelled his hair and just took all of him in. I began to stiffen up and he could tell, I felt him slow down his pace and he looked up to me. "You alright?" I gently nodded my head and we continued.

We kissed multiple more times as he moved me closer and closer over the edge. I finally gave out and let myself go.

Moments later, He collapsed into me and I could feel his hot breath on my neck. He leaned back and kissed me on the cheek. He pulled both of us under my sheets and had me face him as we both lay on our sides. I began to fall asleep when I felt him lean into my ear and whisper, "All of my heart... forever."--

He removed his hand from my shoulder as he walked away and I gazed up at him.

I haven't felt this way in so long... Not even from Gio.

Gio...

I shook myself out of the trance and looked over at Tina. She had a mischievous look on her face.

"What?" I threw my hands up.

"Don't 'what' me! You know what I'm smiling at..." She pointed her finger at me.