"Friends" Chapter 17

VALERIE'S POV

I woke up the next morning and all I wanted to do was call Jimmy and tell him that I wanted to get back together with him.

Last night had me thinking and I realized that screw the fact that he may be busy sometimes and me might have to fly somewhere to shoot a movie.. the only thing I should be for him is supportive.

I love him and all that other stuff doesn't matter. I just want to call him mine again.

I got out of bed and had a piece of the cake for breakfast. No wonder it was a hundred dollars, this had to be the best cake I've ever had.

I kept reading his note over and over again.

I couldn't tell if he was saying he wanted me back as a girlfriend or as his friend...

I decided to call him.

"Hello?" I heard lots of noise in the background.

"Hey Jimmy, it's Val."

"Val, Hi! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great. I'm so sorry about last night... Something just came over me and.. Actually... It doesn't matter. I really just need to talk to you."

I needed to tell him that I wanted him back too and that I loved him.

"Okay, go ahead!" I heard someone talking in the background.

"Are you with somebody?"

"Oh, no. I'm at the airport and it's just really loud."

"Oh, Why are you at the airport?"

"I'm just going to visit Drew. She's throwing a party for one of her friends and there are a bunch of people I know who are going so I'm just flying down to LA for a few days."

"Ok... Well I want to talk to you in person, so I guess I'll see you when I get back?"

"Yeah. Sounds good."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, have a safe flight."

"Thanks, Val."

As I was about to hang up, I heard Jimmy's voice again.

"Hey, Val?"

"Yeah, Jim?"

"We're friends right? We're okay?"

Friends.

Friends.

I want so much more than that.

"Yeah." Was all I managed to get out.

I hung up the phone.

I poked at my cake with my fork and completely lost my appetite.

JIMMY'S POV

"Hey Drew?" I walked out of her guest room and saw her standing in her living room.

"Yeah!"

"Do you think this is alright for the party?" I pointed at my black button down shirt and jeans and she smiled at me.

"You look great. Can we please go! I don't want to be late!"

"Yeah, let me just do something with this." I pointed at my hair and walked back into the room.

I eventually finished getting ready and we got into her small convertible.

The Los Angeles air felt so great. I loved coming here because it's so open and gosh the sunsets are just breathtaking.

"So, who is this party for?"