"Friends" Chapter 42

VALERIE'S POV

It was the day of the Christmas SNL and I had somehow managed to avoid Jimmy the past two weeks. I was still so embarrassed about what happened last time I was alone with him... I couldn't believe I let myself go... I could not let that happen again.

I am a married woman.

I can't do these kinds of things.

I woke up early this morning because I had to get to work at a decent time. As soon as I walked into the makeup room, my phone rang. I set all of my stuff down and pulled it out of my jean pocket. It was Gio. I hadn't heard from him in a few days, partially because I was so guilty about what took place... It had been more than enough days and my time was up.

"Hello?" I sat down on the stool and faced the mirror.

"Hey baaby..." Gio sounded different.

"Hi there, you okay, Gio?"

"Yessss baby. I'm more than fineeee. I miss you..." He slurred his words together and I could immediately tell he was drunk. I rolled my eyes and tried to find the little bit of patience I had in me.

"Gio, have you been drinking?" I ran my fingers through my hair and I could hear someone talking in the background, it sounded like a girl.

"Well... Maaaybe a little.... Mack just picked me up and we went to have some drinks." I let out a sigh and crossed my legs.

Mack was one of the other teachers at the school that Gio worked at and I never liked him. He was a partier and he always got in trouble with the police. I actually had asked Gio not to hang out with Mack multiple times before, I guess he just didn't care.

"You went out for drinks at nine in the morning?"

"Yeahh... You know, baby. I have been stressed out like a motherfucker lately and I just needed to blow off some steam... Like a boat..." I shook my head and bit my tongue. I so wanted to chew him out but I honestly wasn't in the mood.

"Like a boat, huh? Well... Any news on the house?" I tried to keep my mind off of the fact that he was shit-faced drunk.

"The house? You fuckin' with me? Nothing... No one in their right mind wants to buy this piece of shit."

"What the hell are you talking about? I designed that entire house myself!" I could feel my blood pressure rising.

"Exactly. No one wants something you designed." I couldn't believe him at this point.

"Why are you acting like an asshole?" I saw Maty walk in and she looked weirdly at me. I gave her a small nod.

"Why are you being a prude? Come back home, baby. Fuck me the way wives are supposed to." I looked at the phone and shook my head.

"Call me when you're sober, dick." I hung up and tried to keep my cool. Maty walked over to me and set her purse down next to mine.

"What was that?" She pointed at my hand and I put my phone down on the table in front of me.

"It was Gio... He was drunk and being an asshole..." I rolled my eyes.

"At nine in the morning??" She had a shocked look on her face.

"Exactly..." I shook my head and stood up. "I don't really want to even think about him right now... Are you excited for today?" I leaned back onto the counter and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah! Of course!!! IT'S SHOW TIME BABY!!!" She jumped up and down and put on some lip-gloss. "So, I know that things are awkward with you and Jimmy right now, do you want me to handle all his makeup and you get Justin?" She blotted her lips together and faced me.