"Friends" Chapter 15

JIMMY'S POV

**Seven months later**

It's been a while since I've talked with Val. It's all been so hard on me but I've somehow managed to get up every day and keep on smiling.

I was alone on New Years and I was with my family for christmas, but I still felt alone.

Now it's September of 2005 and my life has, thankfully, slowed down a little bit.

I finished filming Taxi and Fever Pitch and it all went really well.

I just miss my best friend so much.

I walked down the street from my apartment and went into the coffee shop that Justin once told me about. It was really small and almost every table in there was full.

"Hi! What can I get you?" The young cashier smiled up at me.

"Hi, can I have a uhh... Well what's your most popular thing here?"

"Probably the caramel mocha!"

"Alright I'll have one of those." I pulled out my credit card and handed it to her.

"May I just say, I'm a big fan... I miss seeing you on SNL." She swiped my card and handed it back to me.

"Yeah? Well I miss it like crazy." I smiled at her.

She had freckles across her nose and underneath her apron, she was wearing an NYU shirt.

"Alright! It will be ready in a jiffy!"

I laughed for the first time today and walked over to the only open table that was by a window.

I began to daydream until I heard the song that was playing over the speakers.

"Once upon a time I was falling in love

But now I'm only falling apart

There's nothing I can do

A total eclipse of the heart"

I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair.

Don't think about her, Jimmy...

"Jimmy!" The barista called out.

I quickly got up and grabbed my drink.

I walked back over to my table and didn't even take a sip, I just thought about Valerie....

"Come on!!! There's no one here!" She pulled my arm towards the entrance.

"Val... I don't think we should be going in here!"

"Jimmy! I've done it a thousand times! Come onnnnn." She pulled me closer to her and I could feel my heart begin to beat faster and blood rush to my cheeks.

"Fine..."

"Yay!!!"

I was so unsure of all of this. It was Valentines Day and she wanted to go and visit an abandoned apartment building... She's so fucked up but so cool at the same time.

"Ok!" She finally got the rusty gate to open and smiled back at me. "Come onnnn! Don't be scared!"

I followed her into the dark hallway. It smelt like metal and rotting wood.

"How the hell did you find this place anyways?" I squinted my eyes and tried to see through the dust in the air.

"You'll never know..." She hummed a tune as she led me through hallways.

"Ok! Here we are!" She opened a door and there was light peering out of it.

I looked inside the room.