"Friends" Chapter 30

HIGGINS POV

I arrived at work late, which is something that is not normal for me. I have worked in the same building for over thirty years and I have really never been late. There was a lot of traffic in the city this morning, so I was stressed out as it was. As soon as I got into the building, I ran into Jimmy's office and realized that he wasn't there.

That's weird... Maybe he decided to go ahead and get his makeup done early...

I ran over to his dressing room and Michelle, his makeup girl was sitting there on her phone. I poked my head into the room.

"Hey, Have you seen Jimmy?" She looked up from her phone.

"Nope, No one has... Maybe he's running late." She looked back down to her phone and I turned around to look in the hallway. I saw Miles walking down towards me slowly and he was reading some papers that were in his hands.

"Miles!" He looked up to me.

"Hey, Higs! Where were you this morning?" He stopped walking and stood in front of me.

"There was stuck in traffic... Have you seen Jimmy?"

"Nope, I haven't. We all had a meeting this morning about Hashtags but he never showed... We tried calling him, too. Nothing, man." I was agitated that he wasn't here and we only had an hour till we had to tape.

"Where then where the hell is that fucker?" I quickly walked past Miles and I could hear him following me as I ran down the hallways. I went downstairs to the elevators where the check-in desk was.

"Hey there Mr. Higgins!" The man at the desk waved at me.

"Hey there Mike, just wondering, has Jimmy signed in yet?"

"No, sir. He hasn't come through today." I grunted and began to walk away.

I ran upstairs and went into my office. I was really worried about him, now. We had 45 minutes till show time and we had things we needed to go over...

I pulled out my iPhone and dialed his number.

It rang multiple times and went to voicemail. I was so frustrated with him. Where the hell could he be?

I waited another twenty minutes for him in his office and he never showed up.

After being so fed up for thirty minutes, I decided to go over to his apartment to see what was up. Miles was really concerned too, so he decided to come along with me.

As I walked out of 30 Rock, I couldn't help but think of everything I was going to say to him. He has been a real pain in the ass lately and this is the final straw. He can't just be late to work after all of the progress we have made with him.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" I looked over to Miles and he had a concerned look on his face.

"I don't know... Maybe he slept in... I don't really know right now, all I know is that he is going to get an earful from me..."

We finally got to his apartment and I had a key. After having to deal with him drinking and having to drive him home so many late nights and early mornings, I got a key from him.

I dialed his code into the keypad and we walked into the building. I waved to the security guard by the elevators and he nodded at me. I've been here so many times, lately, that he knows me.

"Hi, Mr. Higgins! Visiting Mr. Fallon today?"

"Oh, You know it!" As we waited in the elevator, I adjusted my shirt and unbuttoned the top button. It was so hot and the fact that I was so stressed was only making me sweat more.