Chapter Five

"Derive inspiration from everything around.
There is no limit to the things you can learn from everything that happens around you."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

[ Arianna P.O.V ]

I woke up early today and ran to bathroom. It's not like I'm getting late to work but I want to get ready early as my passion to get work today is highly as the bird fly. Did the bird fly highly? Duh what I'm thinking about. Who cares if the bird fly highly or not.

My outfit today I chose to wear something casual since my boss is not give me a uniform yet. So I guess I should wear something comfortable and suitable for a barista.

After I breakfast with my mom and sister, I drove to the Coffee & Me. I usually breakfast with mom and Erica since my dad is busy travelling to another country for his business. Not travelling. It's just stupid outstation that make our family get apart. That's another story to tell.

I arrived at the Coffee & Me at 7.30 am and I have 30 minutes before the actual opening. The manager, Sherry is already there and told the other worker to start cleaning. I hope I'm not that late. Then I approach Sherry and told her I'm the new worker that suppose to be work today. She then nodded and asked me to take the mop and clean the floor. I do as she asked. First day, mopping the floor. What a life! I think sarcastically.

It was 7.45 am but I didn't see Nadine yet. Is she being late on the first day of her job or she just being lie about getting job here.

Then I feel like someone is poking my waist and when I turned around I saw the smirking Nadine standing in front me with her casual outfit. She look pretty though.

The clock is showing the time is sharp 8 and the coffee shop is officially open. As the coffee shop opens, there are four guy entered the shop and walk to the counter to orders. I didn't see their face yet as I busy mopping the floor. The floor is not really that dirty, it's just some floor has some stained coffee

Nadine, me and two of the barista were in charge in front to taking order and serving coffee while the rest are in the back and making a preparation to baked cake. All of us has 8 workers including me and Nadine. So each of us are given some work to do as the boss didn't like it when his worker just sit still and doing nothing.

I walk to the counter to start making coffee that the four guys just now has ordered. Yeah, I know how to brew the coffee because before this my mom has been taught me how to brew the coffee carefully. If we're brewing the coffee in the wrong way, it's just ruining the taste so now I brewed it carefully as my mom taught me. While Nadine and me were brewed the coffee, the two of the barista named Hanna and Amy were gossiping the four guy earlier.

"Do you know him?" Hannah's voice while she taking order from some of new people who were coming to the shop.

"You mean him? Of course I do. Who didn't know him? The most handsome guy and the son of the richer businessman in this states."

"I wonder if he notices me yet"

"That's not gonna be happened. He gonna approach me and asking for my number." Amy said seductively.

"Chop chop, who are you guys talking about?" Nadine begin asking them.

Hannah replied, "well we're talking about Mr. Rayyan knight, the handsome and sweetest guy in this states. Not only him but his friends too."

"But among them, Rayyan is the most breath taking you know" added Amy as she winked as us.

Nadine rolled her eyes, "And yet, the most ruthless guy and playboy in this states."

I only heard them talking about him as I concentrated brewing the coffee. I didn't fully listened to their conversations. While their are chatting about him, I've already finishing four coffee without their help. Duh, I rather doing my work than chatting about him. I was paid to brew the coffee not to chatting about some customers.

"Okay guys, let's stop chatting and begin to work now. And here, I've already brewed four coffee for the four guys there."

"As much as I want to served this to them but I can't. I have to taking order from people" Hannah said as she's pouting.

"Me too, sorry." Amy said while taking order. In the morning, it's normal when people likely to come for coffee and having their breakfast.

I turned to Nadine but she's busy brewing the coffee. She only turned to me and said sorry and then continued her job. I didn't have any choice only to serve them. Not like I didn't want to serve people but I didn't have a gut to serve people as I'm a shy person. Yuk, I'm a shy person? Like what. Haha lol. As usual I battled to myself and as I erase that thought, I begin to walk to them.

As I arriving at their table, I saw someone that I wish I didn't meet again in my entire life with his three bestfriends. Ignoring my feeling, I served them with their coffee and when I was about to turned around, Rayyan grabbed my wrist making my tracks stopped.

"Can I talk to you for a while?"