Chapter Nine

"What do you say when you’re not enough to make someone stay?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

[ Arianna P.O.V ]

"So Ari, what's your decision?" Nadine asked me and I gave her confused looks. She rolled my eyes and pressed, "Well, the date. If you want to go, I can be your stylist but if you don't, it's okay though. You better make up your mind so it's easy for me to prepare it. And you don't have so much time to think. It's tonight."

I bitted my thumb and nervously said, "I think I would give him another chance."

"Okay if that's your decision. I can be your stylist tonight." Nadine said happily.

"But you know, this is my first date and I don't know what exactly to do or say." I bitted my lip.  Nadine laughed after I said that. I only glared her and then asked her to join breakfast. After we finished breakfast, I drove us to the coffee shop. Well, today is our second day of work and everybody has their own shift. My shift and Nadine's are the same which we only get started at 8.00 am until 5.00 am.

We went to work and start our day. I was about to brew customer's coffee but Amy asked me if I could take her place at the counter as she rushed to the toilet. Without replied to her, I take it as my cue to take her place at the counter since nobody  take care of it. Nadine and Hannah were busy brewing coffee and served it to customer.

When I was asked to be a cashier, a man came  to me and ordered Green tea and a slice of mocha chocolate cake. I nodded as I didn't see his face  but his voice sounds familiar to me. When I looked at him, my pupil's eyes become widened. But then I ignored the feeling inside of me as I type smoothly his orders on the cashier machine. He made his payment and I gave him a receipt.

"So?" I gave him a confused look. And he clear his throat and said about he date. I only nodded to him.

"So I pick you up at 7?" He asked.

"Sure" I replied and smiled. After that, he walks to the table and sat there as he waits for his ordered. A few minutes, I comes to him and brings his ordered. He mumbled thanks to me.

"Let's go home. I must get you ready before 7." Nadine said as we both packed our things as our shift is finally over. I drove us home and the time is showing 6.30. Duh! I only have 30 minutes to get ready.

Both of us rushed to my bedroom. And Nadine told me to had shower and after I finishes my shower, she asked me to wear a long sleeve red sweeter with 2 horizontal white stripe in the middle and to top with the style a black skinny jean. Nadine put some light makeup on my face and did my hair into braided hair.

After she finished makeover me, we heard the doorbell. Nadine pushed me down to the stairs and asked me to open it. Fortunately, my mom and my sister aren't in hone cause they have an event in neighborhood area. I took breath and open the door. I saw Rayyan standing there with flower in his hands. Rayyan then gave me the flower and I put the flower in the vase near the couch.

"Shall we?" He asked and I nodded. We walks to his car and he opens the car door for me. I blushed and mumbled thanks to him. He then got into the car and started the engine and drives. I asked him where he's gonna take me but he said let's it be a secret first. I was wondering where he's gonna brought me.