16

We got some Michael in the bathroom shit going on here so get your tissues.
I used the real script mostly so this chapter is a lil longer than usual.

M

So I heard there's this huge party that everyone's going to- no I'm not invited but I know that Jeremy is.

Biggest party of the spring and I'm gonna go talk some sense into him.

I was playing Warcraft when I brought up the squip- I got a story that has to make him see what's right.

So I'm here and lying in a bathtub with a monster hand and I'm freaking out. Like I'm actually shaking.

Then the door opens and I'm struck with a slightly sweaty, very attractive boy.

He sat on the edge of the bathtub, not realising I was there.

"Sup." He jumped a little. It can't be hope in his eyes but it sure does look like it.

"Michael? I didn’t know you were invited to this party."

"I wasn’t. Which is why I’m wearing… this clever disguise!" I gestured to my sweatshirt which read creeps with the claw I was wearing, "You’re speechless. Squip got your tongue?"

"It’s…off."

"That would explain why you’re talking to me." I felt my anger grow a little with the heat on my face,  "I’ve been thinking about this moment. What I would say to you? I had this really pissed off monologue, an epic journey through twelve years of friendship." He just looked at me sheepishly. Sheep. Yeah that's accurate, "What?"

"It’s really good to see you, man." He's lying. He's lying. For sure he's lying. He hates you! He hates you!

"It won’t be. Once you hear what I found out."

"Found out?"

"About that thing in your head." I said nonchalantly, but inside I was screaming.

"How? There’s nothing on the internet-" I could almost read his mood, this is not going well.

"Which is weird, right?" I let out a long breath. Here I go, "I mean, what’s not on the internet? So I starting asking around. Finally, this guy I play Warcraft with told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman at Harvard. You know where he is now?"

"Really happy and successful?" I laughed to myself a little. His demeanor was off.

"He’s in a mental hospital. Totally lost it." I stared into his eyes. Still so blue. Still beautiful.

"I don’t see what that has to do with-"

"Think, man! We’re talking an insanely powerful super-computer." We were both fuming, his perfectly pale face tinted red, "You really think its primary function is to get you laid? Who made them? How did they end up in a high school? In New Jersey?! Of all possible applications for such a mind-
blowingly advanced technology, you ever wonder what it’s doing inside you?"

"And I thought Chloe was jealous."

"I’m honestly asking!" My breathing is way too heavy to be healthy.

"Really? Because I think you’re pissed I have one and you don’t!"

"Come on-"

"Maybe I got lucky, is that so weird? With my history, I’d say the universe owed me one. And I don’t know about your friend’s brother’s whatever, but if you’re telling me his squip made him crazy-"

"His squip didn’t make him crazy!"

"Exactl-"

"He went crazy trying to get it out!"

"Then I’ve got nothing to worry about. Why would I want that?" I moved to block the door, my vision getting a little hazy, "Move it."

"Or you’ll what?!" I can't breathe.

"Get out of my way, loser."

And with that, I was on the ground and the door slammed behind me. Tears streamed down my face as I scrambled to lock the door, dissociating completely. I heard a voice outside, "I wanna dance with somebody!"

I only really came to when I smelt the smoke, I opened the door to see red. "SHIT!"

I opened the window. Floor. Far. No ledges. Holes in brickwork. Drainpipe. Hazy. Searing. Acheing. Tearing. Running.

I'm back home by some ungodly power wishing I was dead. I poured cold water over the burn wound on my arm, submerging it as the world fazed into sleep around me.

Jeremy Heere, you will be the death of me. I can't wait.