f ¡ v 3

My lips crack whenever I smile
Because of the winter air
And I haven't been happy for a long awhile
Because of what's under my hair

I sighed at the shit stack of lyrics I wrote in the notebook.

'Great, we got a new gig and I can't even write a verse!"

Frustrated, I shoved my pen and notebook in my bag without closing it.

"Writer's block?"

I jumped and turned around at the voice. I was greeted by two tall guys. One with pretty long brown hair and the other with black-red ombré hair. I assumed they were Otto's friends.

"Uh- I.. yeah." I stuttered quietly.

The one with the brown hair was wearing a green shirt, skinny jeans, boots and a Legend of Zelda necklace. Redhead had a white shirt, jacket, skinny jeans and boots as well. Definitely look like they love punk.

"I'm Geoff and this is Jawn, we're friends with the guy that came in earlier." Zelda guy said.

"Speaking of, where is he?" Jawn -I think it was- asked.

Not wanting to talk, I pointed to the rink where Otto was trying to do skating tricks but failed miserably.

"Yep, that's Otto. We were just at a party and he drank a bit. He doesn't drink but it was his brother's birthday." Geoff laughed at Otto.

I nodded, hoping they would just ask for their skates and fuck off. I had no idea why he was talking to me like we were friends. They probably drank too because their breath smells like mine does on weekends.

Geoff pulled out his wallet but I shook my head. "Otto already paid."

"He did?" Jawn asked.

I nodded. "Here's your arm bands, left arm."

They exchanged confusing looks but then put out their arms. I attached the paper band and they gave me their shoes. They both got blades. The two sat down, put their skates on and began skating with their friend.

It wasn't obvious but all three of them had been drinking. You could tell from them talking but more from their skating. I wasn't actually suppose to let them skate but I just act like I know their sober. Hey, gotta get money somehow.

I continued watching them fall and fail at simple tricks until they got too tired took a break.

'Stupid boys.'

- 1 hour later -

It was one hour after the three got there. I don't know how but they got more drunk to the point where they were wasted. I needed to close up too so.

"Heeeeeeeeeey, girl!" Geoff slurred as he skated into the front counter and almost fell. I noticed that he and Jawn had a backpack with them when they all went to the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Geoff... again."

"You're super pretty!" Otto tried to say when he fell over on Geoff.

Jawn joined them. "Otto!" He said.

"Uh... thank you, but you have a girlfriend, Otto. She actually works with me." I said slowly so maybe he could actually comprehend what I said. It took a lot to make sure I didn't tell him that Jessica cheats on him all the time. But I knew she would somehow get me fired if I told him.

"Yeah, back off, Otto! I called dibs first, man!" Geoff said and pointed to himself.

"Dude, you can't call dibs on a girl! That's ruuuuuude, man!" Jawn argued.