t w e n t y t h r e e

Awsten

"I just kicked your ass dude!"

"Only because my controller died!"

I listened to my two best friends fight over who one Mario Kart while I sat and ate blueberries with Jawn.

"I think I would've won if the universe didn't hate me." Geoff sighed and put his controller on the coffee table.

Otto rolled his eyes. "Yeah right, once you're in twelfth, you can't come back!"

"Oh, I was not in twelfth, you dickbag!" Geoff retorted ad they carried on arguing.

Jawn started laughing at them. "What idiots. Obviously, I would've kicked their asses."

I turned to him. "Jawn," My eyes stared directly into his. "You and I both know you would lose. Honestly, you would lose to even me and I don't play video games."

Jawn pretended to cry and then we laughed together. Otto and Geoff continued to play Mario Kart and Jawn even joined in on a game to prove that he wouldn't lose but he still lost.

Later, after we had ordered pizza and unsurprisingly, quickly finished it. I got a call afterwards. Kind of weirded me out since the only people who call me is the band or the crew but I still answered.

"Hello?" I greeted. The three boys were still talking quite loudly but I didn't care.

"H...Hey Awsten.." The person greeted. It sounded like a girl. I knew it wasn't Alice becuase I have her number in my phone. This number I had never seen before.

"Uh, who is this?" I asked, making the boys get quieter.

The person sounded like they were having a hard time talking, like they were crying. "It's Ivanna.. Alice's friend."

"Oh! Hey, Ivanna! What's up?" I said more cheerfully. She didn't respond for a while. I just kind of her quiet sobs. "Ivanna? Are you alright?" Her cries kept getting stronger and louder. Even the guys heard it and they froze to listen.

"Should we come over?" I asked, hoping she would say something. Thankfully, she did. It was mostly mumbles but I can tell she said yes. "Okay, we'll be over in a few minutes. Just breathe and things will be okay. Bye." I put my phone in my pocket. The guys stared at me questionably.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Jawn asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know but I think we should hurry."

Quickly, we all got our stuff and got into my car. Going way over the speed limit, I raced over to Alice's house. We arrived in five minutes when it's usually a twelve minute drive.

We all hopped out of the car. The whole ride was quiet. Usually we play music but this time everyone was too worried to talk.

I knocked on the door. It was quickly opened and Ivanna greeted us. She was still crying a bit. All her mascara was running down her face, her hair was messy and her eyes were puffy. She didn't even say anything, she just held the door opened and we took off our shoes at the door. There we saw two bags, two boards and a purple one that was broken in half. That immediately worried me.

All of us sat in the living room and Ivanna calmed herself down enough to talk.

"We have to hurry and be quiet because Jacoby is asleep and he isn't fond of you guys. I'm not sure why. He's just not." She said. We all nodded in agreement.

"Today, Alice and Jacoby got into a fight. I think he was mad that she came home late from her date with Geoff and again, he doesn't like you guys. Jacoby woke Alice up early but told her she was late, so Alice hurried up and got ready. I don't know if you guys know this but Alice has a problem with panicking and being rushed. She'll get a bad migraine and sometimes will have a panic attack. It doesn't sound that bad but it's a serious deal with Alice. So, she got mad at Jacoby, they fought and stuff and she ran out. We haven't heard from her since." Ivanna paused.