$ ¡ X + 3 3 N

Song: All Hail Me by Vercua Salt
Album: American Thighs

Alice

About half and hour later..

I sat under a tree in the abandon park about fifteen minutes from my house. It wasn't that big. It had the basic playground stuff like monkey bars, merry-go-round, slides, swings and other object to climb or ride. There were picnic tables surrounding the play area too. Most of them were falling apart but some were still sturdy and good to sit on, if they weren't covered in bugs or moss.

I sat on the top part of the picnic that you would usually eat on. Satan knows I would not eat on it ever in my lifetime. My skateboard sat under me and I pushed it back and forth with the tip if my foot. The sky was pretty dark, grey clouds covered the sun and most of the sky. Birds chirpped loudly and not the pretty chirps either. It was those loud, annoying and ugly sqawks that no one likes. Besides the birds, there wasn't much other life out here other than the bugs and occasionally a squirrel or two. Quite frankly, it was pretty peaceful. No one really lives in this town besides old people and their grandkids, so there was no annoying traffic and no obnoxious trains. It wasn't too hot, too cold or humid. No powerful breezes or bugs that bite, like mosquitoes.

"If you're a saint then help me understand, who I am. Magnolias began, growing from empty hands.." I sang and picked at my nail polish, thinking about Jacoby.

It still confused me on why he did that. Maybe one of his friends dared him? But Ivanna and I are his only hands besides three other guys who are in a band. They were at our last show. Royal Paypal or something, I don't know. Then again, why would they dare him to do something if they're not good friends. It just pissed me off how he did that.

'He knows I get terrible migraines when I panic- ah fuck, speak of the damn devil.' I closed my eyes tightly and scrunched up my nose in pain. I had been trying to ignore it but it was still there. I fucking hate migraines with a burning passion of a thousand suns.

I began to search my bad for some like Tylenol or any pain killers that would help. Of course there'd be nothing in there because I have terrible luck.

I continued to think about shit and sing. I kinda drifted from reality a bit. I have a bad habit of doing that. That's why I sucked at school. Thing is that I just don't space out quietly, I always start singing and I don't sing well so it was awful. I always got made fun of for that too. They called me 'The Rejected Disney Princess.' I guess dropping out didn't help my case at all though.

"The halo you hold so close. Magnolias began growing from empty hands. The angel you love, can hurt you the most. Magnolias began, growing from empty hands.." I sang the last part of the song and took a deep breath.

"You have a nice voice."

I immediately jumped and looked behind me. There stood Otto from Waterparks, the boy who kissed me while drunk.

"What are you doing here and how long have you been standing there?!" I said and breathed heavily. My hand was on my chest and I started at him with wide eyes. Like always, he wore a beanie/hat thing over his brown curly hair. He wore vans, black jeans, a white v-neck and a jean jacket.

"Long enough to realize you have pretty voice." He smiled and walked closer to me. I rolled my eyes at him. "Why are you all the way out here and not with your friends or at work?"

"I could ask you the same and I already asked you why are you here." I calmed down a bit.

He put his hands up in defense. "I saw you were sitting up here, so I decided to come see what's up. You looked sad and I wanted to make sure you were okay." Otto explained.