t w e n t y f i v e

"Ma Chérie, time won't be enough to make you fall in love with me. Prefer the needle to me. Want to hold you in my arms but you want nothing to do with me, Ma Chérie.."

Emerson sang to me while I rested my head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me and his head laid on mine. We were in the back of their tour bus, heading to the city. I had never really been to a club before. I've been to a bar with my fake ID before but not a club. I despise crowded areas, they made me panic. However, I wasn't going to tell Emerson that. He was being sweet, taking me to a club, Larisa got me all dressed up, they're all being nice too, so why would I ruin it by being a pathetic loser? I'll just have to make sure I stay calm and don't freak out then everything will be fine. Right?

"Are you okay, love?" Emerson asked me after his singing.

"Oh, yes. I'm alright, you're voice is soothing." I replied.

He tightened his grasp around me a bit. "Thank you, too bad we have a possessed goat that sings for our band."

I chuckled. Emerson really did make me feel safe, not to mention he's sweet, funny and drop dead gorgeous. I hope I'm not falling for this guy.

"HEY LOVEBIRDS," a voice yelled from the bunk area of the bus.

"Speak of the devil." Emerson joked.

"We're here! Get ready to party!" Remington cheered and left the bus.

We stood up and I made sure I didn't look like I lived with rats. "You're beautiful."

"Thank you, Emerson. You're truly a god yourself." I smiled.

He draped his arm around me and kissed my head softly, sending tingles down my spine. "Ready, darling?" I nodded and we left the bus.

Walking into the line, I immediately felt panicked. I took a couple deep breaths to try to calm myself down. This got Emerson's attention, he quickly turned to me and gave me a reassuring smile. His eyes made me want to melt into his arms.

We got up to the bouncer and I pulled out my wallet and showed him my fake ID. "Twenty-one huh? Don't look it."

"Power of makeup." I smiled and he handed my ID back with a scowl. Emerson showed the bouncer his ID and had no trouble.

Once we got passed the bouncer, Emerson pulled me to where the bathrooms were. Muffled pop music could be heard. "Alice, can I ask you something?"

Immense panic. "Of course?"

"Are you...are you over eighteen?" He asked, worryingly.

"Why?" I asked. I didn't know what he was thinking and that worried me.

"Just answer the question." Emerson stated.

I pulled out my ID again and showed him. It said my birthday was three years before it actually was. Personally, I thought it was obvious that it was a fake. It's missing my sex, some of the words are crooked and misspelled too. Apparently the bouncer didn't notice and no one has for years, so maybe it's not so obvious. I was just hoping Emerson didn't notice.

"Okay, I believe you." He said and I sighed in relief. "I was just worried because I'm twenty two and it would be illegal for be to be with someone younger than eighteen."

Shit.

'Holy fuck, I forgot that's a thing. Oh god. I'm seventeen and Emerson is twenty two. It's not that bad, right? Great job, Alice. You get in a fight with your best friend, get fired, beat up your co-worker, run away from home, and now you're going to go get drink with some twenty two year old. What the fuck have you gotten yourself into this time?'

"Alice? Hello? Earth to Alice!" Emerson called and snapped me out of my panicked thoughts.

"What? Oh, sorry, I was thinking." Emerson gave me a worried look so I had to think of something fast. I grabbed is hand and his face went a bit red. "Like Remington said, let's go party!"

The two of us left the bathroom area and walked to the bar where the rest of the band were. After that, we all collectively got wasted out of our minds.