+ H ! R + 3 3 N

[I DO NOT CONDONE THE USAGE OF ANY ALCOHOL OR DRUGS OR ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.]

Alice

"Thanks for the ride, Geoff." I thanked as we pulled up to my house. It was around 8:30 since the park was a little ways from our town.

"No problem, I wasn't going to let you walk thirty miles." Geoff smiled. His smile made me smile, I don't know why though. It's like you feel that you have to smile when he does. He's just a cool dude, man.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my bag. "Thank you for the day too. I haven't had that much fun for a really long time.." I started to trail off, thinking about the time Jacoby took me to the beach when we were in highschool.

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry up, Alice!" Jacoby yelled as he ran through the white dunes.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back and followed him all the way to the tide's edge.

It was around midnight and the moon shone perfectly into the water. I had never seen the beach before and I couldn't ask for a better way to see it.

Jacoby and I awed at the sight. "It's so pretty.." I said, staring at the water and moon. Few clouds layed over the moon and the horizon.

We both plopped our butts on the sand where the water could barley get us. Our eyes continued to gawk at the moon, stars, clouds and beautiful ocean.

"Even though I hate the beach, this is amazing." I said quietly.

"How do you hate the beach if you've never been?" Jacoby asked, breaking his gaze from the picture perfect photo to look at me.

My hands dug into the sand, along with my feet that were slightly wet from the tide coming in. "To be honest, I'm terrified of the ocean. There's so many things that you can't see and that can hurt or kill you, you never know what's out there."

Jacoby nodded, showing that he understands or that he doesn't and doesnt want you to know. He took off his vans bag from his back and pulled out two little pints of coconut rum and my pack of cigarettes with my lighter. He gave me that skull lighter when we were in seventh grade. I cherish it with all if my being.

I took one of the mini bottles and opened it, as did Jacoby. "Cheers to going to new places and fucking shit up!"

"Cheers!" Jacoby exclaimed then we both chugged the small bottle. It felt nice.

I took out two cigarettes and handed Jacoby one. We lit them and took a long hit. That felt nice too.

For the best couple of hours we just hung at the beach until we had to leave at six for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alice? Alice!" Geoff called my name and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, sorry. What did you say?" I apologized quickly.

He chuckled a bit, probably at my extreme awkwardness. "It cool. I asked you if we'll see each other again sometime?"

I nodded. "Yeah, totally. You can come over anytime you want, I'm never busy I'm this small ass town."

"How come you don't leave?" Geoff asked, catching me off guard.

I paused and thought for a moment. Why don't I leave? "I don't really know, Geoff. I don't know why I stay here in the miserable town. Ivanna and Jacoby don't seem to really want to leave so, I guess I'm cool as long as they are."

"You don't have any other family to visit?" He asked, seeming very interested in my boring ass life.

I shook my head. "No, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. You probably don't care at a-"

"Of course I care, Alice. I wouldn't ask if I didn't care." Geoff stealthily grabbed my hand from the arm rest and held it. It made my heart beat twenty times faster.

"I, um.. Yeah, I don't have anymore family. My mom left my dad when I was thirteen. They would fight all the damn time when I was growing up. Dad kicked me out when I was fourteen because I overdosed at a party and ended up in a dumpster. He also found out I was doing drugs, self harming and getting into fights or trouble at school. Even though he was a crackhead, he still hated me. After a year of us never talking unless we were fighting, he finally kicked me out. I moved to my grandparents house but they passed away two years ago. I didn't know any other family and I still don't, so I slept in Ivanna and Jacoby's house until one of us found and apartment and we all moved and split rent. We all have family problems of some sort, Jacoby's gay and emo, Ivanna never met her mom, her dad was always out at clubs and I'm just the biggest fuck up. We all wanted to get as far away from Florida and if that meant moving out into the middle of nowhere then so be it. That's how we got here. We left without a single word and no one had been looking for us or even called or sent a message. Hell, I dropped out as soon as I turned eighteen, Jacoby barley passed and Ivanna didn't pass at all and just quit. We're all a bucket of fuck but that's what makes us such cool friends. I know you don't care about any of this. I should leave." I quickly hurried and opened the door but Geoff continued to hold my and didn't let go. I slowly sat back down, looking deep into his bright blue eyes.

"Alice, I'm sorry all that's happened to you guys. But, I really do care. I think you're a really cool chick and today was one of the best days of my life. I want to hang out more and be your friend. Maybe possibly..."

Geoff leaned in towards me, one hand holding mine and the other right under my chin. He got closer and closer until our lips touched. "...Maybe more than friends."

I sat there in shock for a few good seconds, trying to process what just happened. I bit the inside of my cheek and got out of my frozen state. "Maybe."