2. Friends

~☆~☆~☆~

Landing in a small town was completely different from arriving at a normal city. Kit sighed when the few bags and luggage he brought to the trip appeared in front of him, in matter of minutes, just when he wanted to delay this whole process as much as possible.

This place is horrible. I shouldn't be here!

To say the truth, Thailand is a beautiful country. It has many great places to be. And lovely and really kind people.

But this little town in particular... It send bad memories to his head. It was boring and dirty, and it was like going back to the prehistory. If you aren't careful, the monotony could touch you the shoulder and suck out all your desires and dreams.

The same as the people that lives here.

"Are my eyes fooling me?" He heard a manly voice at his back.

Kit couldn't help it. He spontaneously smiled, with his heart beating fast and the skin tickling.

"Pha." Kit turned around, in awe. "I can't believe it's you." The doctor would recognize that person everywhere in the world. His childhood friend was as handsome as he remembers. But was he this tall before? "You're a freaking tree!"

"Not my problem you're as small as a kindergartner, boy." Pha teased him, giving little palms to Kit's head.

The other boy slapped the hand playfully, feeling a silly smile plastered on his face.

"A smartass as always, uh?"

Pha lifted a brow, amused.

"I never thought I would see you around. The last time we talked, you said America was great enough to stay there permanently."

"And it is." He nodded, convinced of his decision to live there and not in this dark and insufferable jungle. "You should go and try it. This place cannot be compared with the big cities and the bunch of opportunities in every corner."

Pha laughed.

"Sounds tempting. Maybe I can visit you there in the summer, who knows?"

Kit felt his heart content. The idea of sharing so many blessings he has found over the years outside this town was overwhelming.

Thinking about it, he was truly afraid of saying it directly to Pha and Beam, but the fact that they never went out of here... it was sad. His friends had always been blessed with good looks, but also with a smart brain. They, more than anyone, deserve to look further in the world and have a brilliant future.

It was such a waste to keep living in a place that cannot offer you more than simplicity and zero progression.