4. Neighbor

~☆~☆~☆~

"Where is he?"

"Inside."

"And why's he not answering? It's already eight in the morning. Too damn late to be sleeping."

Says who? Kit thought annoyed, opening his sleepy-lazy eyes and wondering if living in a small town makes to be daily awoke by nosy people a general rule.

The banging at the door was repeated a couple of times and, as the day before, Kit groaned in frustration. Internally cursing the nice people walking the earth that think that paying social visits is what grumpy neighbors like him wants.

The woody door cracked up when he opened it, revealing at the other side the chubby-smiley face of Wayo, and...

"Oh. This guy looks like shit."

A complete and total jerk!

Kit blinked at the sunshine burning his tired eyes, and also he frowned at the rude words colliding with his ears. The new face, who is looking up and down to Kit's body, smirked in amusement as if he really and purposefully was trying to make a judgement of who Kit is by the mere way he looks like. What a bastard!

"Wayo." Kit said, turning to his left side and ignoring the person that rudely messed up his bright morning. "Did you bring the food you promised me?"

"I did!" He excitedly shoved a full plastic bag against Kit's chest. The smell hit the boy's nostrils, producing a content sigh and a soft smile on his lips. "But I have to tell you, Kit. I couldn't-..."

"Yeah, yeah. If you want to talk, do it. But I'll go inside to take a piece of this." He fastly cut whatever Wayo wanted to chat about while walking inside the house.

His stomach was growling like a starving wolf. There was no time to lose. Whatever was inside the bag, he was already craving for it.

Kit heard the pair of boys tailing his path, as if this place was a comfortable zone. How dare that person to go inside the house of the man he just insulted?! It was not cool.

The stranger just kept looking at him with a stupid smile that the doctor would gladly erase from that face.

"Wayo, who's this person?" He asked a bit irritated, even though he kind of knew the answer already.

Kit opened his mouth, not aware of how he was about to start chewing the most delicious pastry he has tasted in a very long time. Woah. It was as if his taste buds traveled to heaven and back to the earth. Kit had to hold back a moan of pleasure, the moment he bit the second piece. "Oh my, this is perfect. You're such a good baker."