10. Babe

~☆~☆~☆~

Beam knocked at the door the following day with a wide smile on his face and a couple of ice creams' bottles as an apology. The Baramee boy hasn't been around that much since Kit landed in this town because, surprisingly, Beam was now a very busy business man.

Kit remembers that when both of them were in middle school, the parents of Beam, a lovely couple and really kind people, started a business that Kit thought will never work out.

And it didn't.

Clearly because a small town, with low number of people, with irregular economy, wasn't a good financial base for a restaurant of high level.

The aspirations were taken down, but not the optimism of Mr. Baramee. So instead of serving steaks and shrimps in big plates, they decided to open a small place with a couple of tables and a long variation of snacks and drinks. That, of course, included Kit's favorites: Cocktails and beers.

"My shifts are at night, Kit."

"So?"

"You'll ruin your sleeping habits."

"Do I look like an early sleeper?"

"No. But you also don't look like a person who will drink wisely, given the chance." Beam touched the brunette's forehead with an accusatory finger. "Stop the act and tell me already what's going on with you? Do I have to kick someone's ass?"

Kit sighed, touching his abused forehead.

"Why do you think there's a responsible for my mood?"

"Because last time I saw you, the problems of the past were finally at peace. You, my friend, were finally at peace." Beam answered, looking straight into Kit's soul from the other side of the kitchen table.

Kit felt amazed. Because only a friend can do this. Only Beam can see through his calmness mask and realize that his heart was dealing with some shit that was mind-consuming.

"I am at peace with my past." Kit assured. Because even though the guilt was still there, he decided to follow Ming instructions and live the life that his father wanted him to live. So the best option to do that, is move on and just focus on the important part of all this. He was loved. "Honestly, I'm not upset for the things that happened before. Not anymore."

"Then... what is it?" Beam insistently asked. "Is it, perhaps, about Mingkwan?"

Kit froze in his spot, grabbing the bottle of ice cream in his hands with so much force that he knew Beam didn't need an answer.