15. Mistake

~☆~☆~☆~

Beam's been having weird dreams about his friends. But he's pretty sure there's a logical explanation for that.

There are many things on his plate right now, so his mind needs a way out from the stress.

First, he's trying to figure out how to reconnect with Pha, a constant friendship full of dust thanks to jobs, studies and sometimes laziness. Secondly, he also wants to get along with Ming and Yo, neighbors that have been around for some years, but people that Beam tended to not pay attention for real.

To add on, he is trying to accept the intruder called Forth in their circle of friends too, and that is mostly because he needs to ask for forgiveness from Kit...

Which is the main subject giving him a headache.

Beam, who has always thought of himself as emotional stable, realized that even if he hates to admit it, he's a failure in an important subject of life: Sensibility.

I am sorry.

He doesn't know how to say those words that are simple yet meaningful. Beam can't see himself saying 'sorry' at all, even though that's all he wants to do. He wants to say sorry to Kit and let him know that from now on, Beam's going to be there, by his side.

As it should have always been.

However, there's an obstacle messing up his attempts to eliminate that moral debt.

Say sorry sounds easy, but as a matter of fact, humans tends to protect his pride a lot more than other people's feelings. It's kind of normal to put it on top of the shelf.

Or at least that's what he read on the internet not so long ago.

Due his indecision and his lack of creativity, Beam quickly accepted he won't be able to make a good plan on his own. So, as coward as he is, Beam went back to an old habit. He went back to something he stopped doing for almost a year now. Something he swore to not do anymore. Because if there's something worse than being a prideful prick, it was definitely... not being that prideful prick.

Dammit!

Beam Baramee started talking again with a beautiful girl: Marley.

As he said before, he doesn't like big cities, they're too much and too annoying, but Beam has to admit that in that only occasion, he got lucky while traveling through America. Unexpectedly, he met a nice girl who was lovely and sometimes made Beam feel as if she understands him better than anyone.

And that's so hard to find nowadays.

The first and only encounter was very casual. Beam went to a restaurant the second morning he landed in the country. The idea was to taste all the food Pha kept talking about since he also traveled to this side of the earth a few months ago. Honestly, Beam was not looking for something else, just food. But what can you do when a hot girl asks you if she can sit there, with you? The restaurant was indeed crowded. The place must be very popular, because a lot of people didn't mind to wait in line just to get a spot in there.