3. Home

~☆~☆~☆~

Kit spent that night feeling as if he was in a horror movie.

Every time he entered to a room of the old house, his body started trembling, anticipating the visuals, the recognition, and the bitter old memories freshen up in his mind.

Probably the most upsetting room of the whole house, was the one where he slept since he turned five years old. The one he used to call his.

Opening the woody door, hearing the annoying noise of old furniture, he sat on the big bed Kit once considered the best place to be. The bedroom was the same. Everything seemed untouched since he abandoned his father. The only visible difference is the lack of cleanliness. The thin cape of dust hugging his old belongings showed how the absence can bring loneliness.

"There's no fucking way I'll sleep here." Kit whispered to himself.

'Open the fucking door, Kittinan! I swear! If I get to open the door, you won't be able to escape from me, child! I'll end you!'

Shaking his tormented mind, Kit stood up with a last glance, and went out of the room.

~☆~☆~☆~

Knock, knock, knock. Were the fast touches against the door what made Kit open his brownish, tired eyes. The light was insufferable. For being just seven in the morning, the sun was shining as bright as a bulb of thousands watts.

Groaning in annoyance, Kit sit up slowly, rubbing his eyes.

For a moment, he forgot where he was and why is he sleeping on a coach instead of his warm bed. But as fast as thunder, his mind brought back the stupid decision he made, and how he spent the first hours of his trip feeling like doing the walk of shame.

Knock, knock, knock. The same constant hits against the door.

Yawning, Kit decided to open the door. Clearly, that was the only way to make whoever it is go away.

"It's you!"

A pair of arms took him in, constrictim him. Kit's mouth fell open in shock. Who was this boy?

"I'm-... You-... who are you?" Kit tried to escape from the bear hug, but it was useless.

Whoever this kid is, had strength and zero intentions to stop bothering a stranger.

It may have been five years, but Kit is pretty sure he doesn't know this brunette boy that looks particularly happy to see him.