8. Truth

~☆~☆~☆~

When the doctor woke up, it was pretty late. He knew this because his room was full of darkness and the singing of the crickets was the only sound that could be heard outside of the dirty and old windows.

Wait. How did I get in here in the first place?

He turned around, trying to take off the blankets above him and get out of bed.

But he failed.

The arm laying across his waist prevented him from escaping. The person besides him was soundly asleep, with his long eyelashes decorating his manly face and his thin lips slightly parted, letting a funny small whistle escape from him every few seconds.

Kit couldn't help but stare at this person in awe.

Even asleep, Mingkwan Daichapanya was breathtaking.

"Am I handsome?" The supposedly asleep man asked in a soft mumble. His eyes were close, but his lips were slightly curving into a smile.

Kit felt his cheeks burn. Being caught in such embarrassing act as staring was a fair reason to blush and look away.

"You are." The doctor accepted in all honesty.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm not lying." Kit grinned, ready to erase the smirk on the sleepy, too-confident face. "Too bad you are an annoying prick. That cancels your handsomeness instantly."

Mingkwan opened his eyes, playing along with a cute pout that made Kit laugh spontaneously.

What is this person? A child? Kit looked at him in the eyes, wondering what happened between them. Where is the old neighbor that he couldn't stand at all?

They stayed in the bedroom for a few minutes, barely speaking a few words.

"How are you?"

"Tired."

"And?"

"And what? I'm tired. Also a bit hungry. You should do something about that." Kit pointed out, knowing that he was taking advantage of the person he swore to never like before.

Ming giggled.

"I will. But not before you talk to me."

"Can we talk after having dinner?" The doctor whined.