13. Boyfriend

~☆~☆~☆~

"So he's not coming?" Pha asked, looking attentively at his young boyfriend.

Wayo wasn't sure how to start telling them the reason why Kit was not hanging out with them today; which was the same reason why, probably, he won't be hanging out with them in the next days either.

So far, the only people that knows about Kit being someone's boyfriend are Ming and himself.

However, it didn't feel okay to share the information without Kit's consent. And it didn't feel okay to acknowledge this information, even before Kit's own best friends.

"It's okay, Wayo. They'll find out sooner or later. I don't think Kit is trying to hide anything. Less from these two who are his childhood best friends." Mingkwan smiled to the younger boy, trying to coaxed him in telling the secret.

"What's he talking about?" Pha questioned.

"Kit is not coming because he wants to spend the day with his boyfriend."

Wayo was pretty sure Pha was about to say 'stop joking', or 'not funny', but he didn't open his mouth because he saw in the brunette's face the truth.

Kit's been out of the town for five years or so. Wayo knows how hard it was for Beam and Pha to accept the facts of what they lost and what they couldn't stop, but even after that, they were best friends. It's a title that will remain the same no matter what happens in life.

And just like that was truth, the disappointment was also there.

"He's been here for several weeks, we've been hanging out together a lot of times, and not once he thought in telling us something as important as this?" Pha questioned, a little bit annoyed, because Wayo knows that this kind of things are important for him. And it's not about being nosy, it's about trust and friendship. "Beam, tell me you didn't know."

Beam was as confused as Pha, but the reasons were a bit different. The dark haired boy couldn't help but look attentively at Mingkwan Daichapanya. The boy truly seemed to be okay with everything, and that was very, very suspicious.

After all... Beam knows.

~☆~☆~☆~

Beam Baramee was okay with living in a small town.

Probably his acceptance of the situation is because he's only been out of his hometown once, and to say the truth, he discovered with just that how big cities are really a pain in the ass. He doesn't like them. They're crowded. So expensive. And the perfect place to put yourself in all kind of troubles.

It's really frustrating to want to talk to someone, and see how people won't look at you because technology devices are everything they can think of. It was as if they don't know how to interact with other humans anymore. Not without technology.