Chapter fifteen

If you missed out on the last chapter, go check it out...

----

"Hey, I'm home." I closed the door behind me and walked to the living room. I tossed my bag on the sofa after which, I turned the TV on before sitting down. There was silence, which made me wonder if any one was home.

"Hello?" I stood up from the settee and scanned the house, mysteriously. "Anybody home?" Still I got no response. But they can't leave the house without locking it, how come today?

I strolled to the kitchen to get something that would quench my grumbling stomach.

"Oh, Ruby you're back." The sound of Richard's voice made me jolt.

"You scared me." I touched my chest in a dramatic way.

"Sorry about that. When did you get back?" He sounded tired, like he just woke up from sleep.

"Not quite long. Were you sleeping?"

"Isn't it obvious." He said, dryly.

"Oh come on! How would I know?" I threw my hands into the air.

"Well, now you know."

I rolled my eyes and took my plate of food to the living room.

"Richard, what about Rachel? Where is she?" I asked, placing a spoon filled with fried rice into my mouth.

"She's not around."

"I know. Where did she go to?"

"How would I know?" He was probably tired of my too many questions.

"Oh Rachel, where could you be now? I urgently need to speak with you." I murmured.

I needed to talk to Rachel as soon as possible, so I gave her a call asking of where she was and she later assured me, she would be back soonest.

I went upstairs to my room, had a quick shower and bounced on my bed. I took my phone from my bag, turned on my data connection and went straight to Facebook. I had a lot of notifications and messages. I clicked on the messages and saw that Chuka had sent me a message. I wouldn't lie, my heart kind of stopped beating for a while, thinking it was Benjamin who sent me a message. But it wasn't him. I clicked on Chuka's thread. He was online. This was the first time he sent me a message, so it was a surprise to me.

Chuka: Why ain't you gonna be at Benji's birthday party tomorrow?

Me: I already stated my reason(s).

He read it almost immediately, like he had been waiting for me to come online.

Chuka: I thought you were only playing the pretence card because everyone was there, and that you were avoiding every act of suspect.

Suspect? I was totally confused by what Chuka said.

Me: Suspect? I don't get you.

Chuka: Never mind what I just said. Please, come. I want to see you.

My eyebrows were in fraction. I wondered why he was begging for me to come, not like he was going to dance or be with me throughout the party. Besides, he has a girlfriend.

I was confused of what to say to him. I didn't want to hurt his feelings by saying I was not coming neither did I want to go. But I couldn't be two sided about it. Either I told him I was not coming so he could free me the stress or I told him I was coming.