Chapter sixteen

I woke up feeling disturbed in the stomach and with an unusual pain in the head.

I'd slept yesterday with an empty stomach after pouring out my eyes, so I guess I was facing the consequences now.

I looked over Rachel's bed and she was still sleeping, peacefully. I checked the time on my phone and it read: 6:43am. I woke up pretty much early then.

My grumbling stomach made me feel less comfortable, so I stood up from the bed, strolled to the kitchen and had something to eat. After which, I felt okay. However, the pain on my head was still there, although it was reduced.

I went to my room, wanting to sleep again but my eyes deprived me from closing it. So I sat on my bed, thinking of how the day was going to be.

Immediately, I thought of Benji's birthday party today, whether I should go or not. Then yesterday's event popped up in my head and I firmly said to myself that I was going and nothing was going to stop me.

I scurried to my wardrobe and started sorting out what to wear.

"What are you doing?" I turned back and saw Rachel rubbing her eyes, perhaps, for a better view. I guess my searching for a cloth to wear, disturbed her.

"I'm sorting out what to wear today." I said, facing the wardrobe.

"This early? Besides, that's not where you keep your house wear." Rachel was sitting on her bed now.

I turned back to look at her as though she said something dumb. "Have you forgotten so soon? I'm going for Benji's party." I stated.

"Oh." That was all she said.

"So, I wanna figure out a perfect outfit for today's occasion." I smiled.

"Abeg, no be wedding ceremony you dey go oh. No be say, you go con pack all your fine cloth con put for body say you dey go party."

"Haha, you're so hilarious. Common, I just wanna look good, nothing else." A smile was plastered on my face.

"And do you think he would notice you?" Her question made me stop whatever I was doing and made my smile vanish.

"I'm not dressing because of him. I mean, it's a party, we've gat to look good or do you expect me to dress egregious?" I lied. But sincerely, I wasn't dressing only because of him. It was a party, so I have to look my best.

"But you're dressing, partially because of him."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes." I didn't want to admit though. "Not like you wouldn't do same."

"Well sha, greet him for me oh and please...I wanna sleep." She laid down and used the duvet to cover herself.

------

It was one in the afternoon and I hadn't had my bath yet, due to the hectic chores we were doing at home. Besides, I didn't know the time we were to be at the party and I needed to make a call, but who could that be. I had none of them contact, not even Joy's. Immediately, I turned on my data connection and went straight to Facebook. I checked if any of them was online but none was. Oh my God! What am I gonna do now? I turned my data connection off and went to continue with my chores.

Time seemed not to be in my favor. I rushed to have my bath, because it was already three. I wore my cloth and applied a light make-up which made my face glow. Little make-up was perfect on me, unlike heavy ones. I was putting on a tight white trouser, which brought out my curves, with a blue sweater that revealed my flat stomach, and a tan two inches heel. I also wore a wig, which made me look even prettier than usual.