Chapter thirty-eight

After they had successful gained the attention they needed by strutting in, the students started to go out for break. However, Benji, Chuka, Amaka and I were remained at our spots.

They began to walk up to Benjamin and Chuka as Anita and I also made our way to their desk. It felt as though we were acting some kind of action movie.

We all jammed at Benji and Chuka's spot.

"Oh hello." Faith began the conversation as she feigned a smile at me.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yes Benjamin, I want to speak with you, privately." She practically ignored Chuka. Joy just stood behind her, quietly. I wondered why. Wait, was Joy and Faith now an item?

"Erm...I..." Benjamin stuttered as he was obviously shot of words.

He scanned our faces as we gave him this disapproving look. I guess that made him uneasy.

"Why...why don't you say whatever you wanna say here?" He said it like he didn't mean it. The way he said it felt as though he had never turned down Faith's offer before, not until today.

"Yeah, you could talk to him here." I chimed in. I really disliked Faith.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Benjamin, privately please?" She totally ignored me. Ouch!

"Uhm...okay." He shrugged. I bet he didn't like the fact he was put in such dilemma. He had to choose whether to speak with her privately or not to speak with her at all, just because of us.

After which, they made their way out of the class. Joy was just following her like one lost being.

Chuka heaved a sigh and began to make his way out of the class, but before he could reach the exit door, I stood him to a halt. "We need to talk." I firmly said.

"Later na."

"No, now."

"Ah!" He said in frustration. Something was definitely up with him and Faith, and I must find out.

"Sit down." I gestured for him to have a seat.

"Ruby, I'd be right back." Amaka said before making her way outta the class.

We both had our seat silently.

"So what sup?" He asked.

I sighed. "Tell me, what's going on between you and Faith?" This question took him aback 'cause the look on his face was...let me not talk.

"What?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Nothing." He looked away from me. I instantly knew Chuka just told a lie. Aw! He looked so cute right now.

I placed my hand on his cheek and turned it to face me. He then licked his already full lips, making it red and wet. I could just kiss it right now but no, I was loyal to my one and only.

"Why are you licking your lips now? You think I want to kiss you?" He burst out in a hysterical laughter.

"Funny girl. Can't I lick my lips again, or are you tempted to kiss it?" He giggled jovially.

"Duh. I have a boyfriend."

"Whatever." Your thought is wrong. He didn't sound jealous or disappointed if that's what you thought.

"So tell me the truth, what's going on between you two?" We were back to serious mode.

He sighed heavily. "We've broken up." There was a crack in his voice.

I smirked. "Thought as much. But why?"

"Actually, she broke up with me." He said but that didn't answer my question.