Chapter twenty-three

It's been fortnight since Joy and I weren't talking, Benjamin and I were now best of friends, coupled with a lot of drama. It was still in these period of time that I got to realise that Faith didn't have a thing for Chuka. She had a thing for some other guy, who was a mystery. But Chuka had no slight idea. In fact, no one knew, apart from myself, Faith and the person she was talking to over the phone, which I eavesdropped on. Poor Chuka!

Benjamin and I were now fund of each other. And everyday that  passed by, my likeness for him seemed to increase. In fact, it got to a point that I dreamt of us making love. Don't blame me, blame my heart for choosing him.

"Good morning mum." I gallantly walked down the stairs. I was looking prettier as the days passed by and I now make my hair. Don't I deserve some accolades?

I was putting on a white sleeveless top and a black tight trouser, which revealed my shape massively. I tied a jean jacket round my waist and wore white snickers with a jean face cap. I looked hot! And more like a dancer, might add.

"How are you dear?" She gave me a one sided hug with a peck in the cheek. This was unlike her.

"Mum, ain't you going to work today?" I sat on the dining chair.

"I'm not going." She smiled broadly. Was it just me or she looked extremely elated today?

I scoffed."Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She cocked an eyebrow before saying, "Don't tell me you've forgotten?"

"Forgotten what?" I was confused.

"It's your dad and I wedding anniversary!" She said, happily.

"Oh!" I stated in realisation.

"Common, eat your food dear or you'd be late."

——————

It was break time and Benjamin was with me. We were sitting together, chit-chatting. Joy kept on throwing glances at him and glares at me. I felt totally bad for her. I felt like I had betrayed her and was a boy friend snatcher. But come to think of it, they were never dating. In fact, Benjamin didn't even know her not to talk of them being friends. So I better get over the guilt feeling.

We kept on chatting until, Chuka rudely interrupted us.

"Guy, make we go chow." He interrupted, not looking at me.

We turned to look at him before Benjamin uttered a word, saying, "Guy, dey go. I go come meet you later."

Did Benji just speak pidgin language?

His voice sounded cute, if I do say so. He sure has the accent and I guess he was fluent too.

Chuka stood in front of us, folding his arms around his chest and glared at Benjamin.

"Guy, na because of girl you no wan come with me shey?" I must say, Chuka also sounded good but I preferred Benji. He looked at me then rolled his eyes. He sounded angry too. But why?

"Chuk..." Benjamin started to say but I cut him off.

"Benji, it's cool. I'd be fine." I gave him a go ahead to go with Chuka.

"But I don't want to go now." He said angrily.

"Benji, I'll be fine." My eyes were pleading for him to go with Chuka right at the moment. I didn't want any problem.

"Sure?" He asked calmly.

Awwn, he looks so cute.