Chapter forty-six

"Wait wait wait, is it true that you and Joy are now in talking terms?" Amaka questioned immediately she walked into the class. She didn't even bother to have her seat before firing me with the question.

"Ah ah! Calm down for Jesus." I chuckled a bit at her eagerness. "Yeah, it's true." I said seriously.

She gasped. "Woah!" She paused for a while. "But how did it happen and when? Tell me, tell me, tell–"

"Calm down." I interrupted. "What's up with you? Jeez!" I shook my head. She was being overly dramatic if you would ask me. "Well, she messaged me yesterday on WhatsApp, apologising for everything she did to me and also, this morning she hugged me." I told her.

"Ehn?!" She sounded surprised. "She did what?"

I giggled. "She hugged me." I repeated in a 'duh' manner.

She coughed out a laugh. "This is quite funny you know?"

"How?" I cocked a brow in perplexity.

"She freaking hugged you!"

"And so?" I shrugged.

"It's unlike Joy."

"Remember we were actually friends before, so what's the big deal there?"

"Hmm." She paused before speaking up again. "Anyways, what can I say?"

I smiled. "How did you know anyway?" I quizzed.

"Uhm..." She placed her fingers on her chin in a thoughtful manner. "Yeah, someone told me."

"Someone told you? How did the person know?"

"The person just said she saw you guys talking, that was all." She stated.

"All these amebo in this lesson."

There was a moment of silence between us, before she decided to speak up.

"Let's treat some past questions rather than being idle. You know waec is around the corner." She suggested.

"True." I agreed. Although, I didn't really feel like solving any past questions but what could I do? I just had to. "By the way, what school are you writing your waec?" I wasn't in the best of moods to study yet, so I wanted to ask a few questions just to wile away time.

"Honey land college."

"Oh, that school." I was kinda shot of words.

"What about you?"

"Bethel's international college."

"Why?!" She asked immediately like she already knew that was the school I was going to say.

"What do you mean by why? Cause I want to write exam na."

"Like I mean, why that school of all schools? You could have chose a better one."

"Leave that thing my sister. Is it not to write exam, get your certificate and leave? Me I'm not concerned about the school I write my exams o."

"Okay, if you say so. Can we now study?" She grinned at me.

I smiled as a reply. Honestly, I didn't really have the urge to study.

"Ruby, how far?" I turned to see who just greeted me. Oh, it was her again, Joy.

"I'm...fine." I nodded my head a bit. I wasn't so comfortable with her.

"Come let's go out and buy something." She totally ignored Amaka and Amaka was also doing the same– ignoring her. Amaka didn't take her eyes off her books, so funny.