Chapter thirty-five

Okay, was it just me or Benjamin was looking more handsome than usual? He was so fresh and handsome. He had a new hair cut on– full afro. It was so full and curly. The top of his hair was tinted yellowish brown. Truthfully, he looked so different and handsome.

His eyebrows were so dark and full. His lip was just amazing. It was so pink, red in fact, and at the moment I could kiss the hell outta it.

He was putting on a black turtle neck top with a denim shirt over it with a black tight jean trouser. He also had a shakomended glasses on. He looked different, sincerely, but in the good way.

Students kept on hailing him but he paid no attention to them, instead, he was gazing immensely at him and I was doing same too. Our gazes felt like it was never going to end until he ruined it with a heartwarming smile. Yeah, he smiled at me but I did the most rude thing ever. I rolled my eyes at him and walked into the class.

For a split moment, I regretted what I did but I later shoved the feeling away. He had hurt me a lot, and I could possibly not run up to him to tell him how much I'd missed him. Even after I'd disapproved his presence, it was still a shocker to see him here in lesson but I was so happy. Elated would be a better word.

I walked to my seat where Amaka was and she didn't even wait for me to sit my butt down before she started throwing questions at me.

"What's happening outside? And who's the person that they are hailing?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, feigning this 'I don't care' look. "Thank goodness you have a hint of what's going on out there." I replied dryly, pretending to turn deaf ears to the second question.

"Is that Benjamin I see?" She sounded as surprised as I was to see him.

I turned back and saw that they were already entering into the class, with the hailing still on. I shook my head and faced forward.

"Look," Amaka hit my shoulder lightly, calling my attention to look backwards. "Your boo's  around o."

"Okay." I simply said.

She froze at the spot and narrowed her eyes at me. I expected it though 'cause I myself was shocked at my monosyllabic response. "Okay? Is that all you're gonna say? Won't you go and greet him?"

I scoffed. "Greet him? For why na? And mind you, he's not my boo neither am I his bae." I was frowning now. No actual reason for my stern look but I just felt it was necessary at the moment.

"Hmm. This is immense." Was all she said before sitting down properly.

—————

"Uhm Ruby, I'm going to the ladies. I'd be right back." Amaka told me. It was break time already.

"Wait. What about my goodies?" I let out a grin.

"Chill babe, when I get back. If I take too long in the toilet, you can take it from my bag." She said before walking away.

"Okay. But don't take too long o." I said loudly so she could hear because she was already at the exit door.

"No problem!" She hollered.

I smiled to myself before bringing my phone out from my bag. I started playing subway surfer just to keep myself busy. That reminds me, where was Joy? She wasn't around today.

Minutes later, I felt a light touch on my shoulder. I looked up and caught eyes with Chuka. He was smiling at me.

"How are you, Ruby?" He gave me that cute smile of his. Guess what? His lip was now very pink and wet. Full lips. How kissable!