Chapter forty

Dedicating to all my readers and supporters. Lot of love! 😘😊

====

While doing my house chores, because it was Saturday, I decided to take an hiatus and go memory lane.

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. It was in fact the best birthday I've ever had, if my memory served me correctly. I wonder how my friends would have celebrated my birthday in my ex school 'cause my friends in lesson gave me the perfect birthday celebration. I guess after all, starting a new life in another place wasn't that bad. At first, I was socially awkward with the people but later, I adapted. Fast. To be honest, life in the lesson had been great so far.

Yesterday, after it was closing time, my friends threatened to bath me with water. Luckily for me, I escaped dry. I lied to them that I was going to attend the lesson's fellowship – they usually have fellowship after closing every Friday, and they bought my lie. Instead, I used that as an escape plan. I was that smart.

"Ruby!" Rachel halted my train of thought. I jolted and blinked my eyes. "Ah! What are thinking about? I've been calling your name." Her brows were marred in an exasperated frown.

"Um...I was...never mind. So...why are you calling me?"

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Anyways, I wanna ask if I can come with you guys to the Beach." She seemed to be cooling down a bit.

When I got back home from lesson yesterday, I told Rachel about everything that happened. I as well told her about Benjamin taking me to the Beach today. Whilst I told her everything, she kept grinning dreamily.

"No o."

"Waheva. I just wanted to even test you." Her tone laced out a tinge of disappointment. "If you like, don't prepare for your forthcoming exam, be going outing. But don't forget to bring something for me sha."

"Even me." Richard chimed in. We both snapped our heads at him in surprise. Had he been here since? "What?" He shrugged giving us a 'duh' look. "Or is it every time you guys would go out and buy things for each other leaving me aside?"

I chuckled a bit. "It's not like that. Okay, I promise to get something for you this time even though I don't for Rachel." As I said this, Rachel snapped her head at me.

"Don't even think of trying that." She sent me a warning glare, which made me giggle.

"I'll get for both of you ahn!"

With that said, I continued with my house chores so that I could finish on time. I didn't want to be late for the outing. After I was done with the chores, I went to my room to have my bath and get prepared for the day.

As soon I was done dressing up, I checked the time and it read 12:03pm. Set to go, I carried my bag pack at my bag, which contained my tank top and bomber short. I didn't want my parents to know that I was going to the beach, so I cooked up a lie to tell them.

I hopped down the stairs gleefully. Benjamin had already called me that he was outside my house with Chuka and Amaka.

"Ruby, Ruby!" Mum hollered my name from the kitchen. Ah! What does she want now? I squeezed my face and tightened my palms.

I was already at the exit door when she called.

"Ruby o!" She hollered again.

"Ma." I answered through gritted teeth. I was obviously seethe. I didn't want to keep them waiting outside that was why I was in a rush.