Chapter thirty-six

Saturdays were always very lively and fun in my house, at least most of the time, but today was one of those lethargic Saturdays. It was so due to the fact that I was the only one in the house. Mum, dad and Richard went for a wedding party. However, Rachel and I was asked to tag along with them but we humbly declined. I guess Rachel had a plan cooked up for the day 'cause immediately they left for the party, she rushed to the bathroom to have her bath and after which, called Desmond that she was ready. So Desmond came minutes after and they both left the house. Truthfully, I envied their relationship.

It was five minutes after twelve in the afternoon and guess what, I haven't had my bath yet– I felt lazy to.

Out of boredom, I decided to go have my bath and be full prepared for the day. I went up to my room, took my dirty clothes off and wrapped myself with a towel. As soon as I did that, I heard a knock at the door. I ran down to get the door with the hope that it was going to be Rachel. But come to think of it, Rachel wouldn't knock. So who could that be? Well...

I opened the door widely, with my towel still wrapped around my chest dropping to the upper part of my kneel.

My eyes practically widened as I beheld Benjamin in front of me, in my house! I couldn't move from the spot I was neither could I do or say anything. I was literally numb. He then waved at me with a heartwarming smile plastered on his handsome face.

"Morning." He said with his lovely accent. "Or better still, afternoon." He smiled broadly at me.

Realisation then hit me pretty hard that I was only with a towel on. So instead of replying to his greetings, I slammed the door at his face and roamed the dinning area confusedly. I didn't know what to do at the moment. Think Ruby, think!

With that thought in my head, I ran up to my room and put on a clean cloth. It was casual, so no need to describe what I wore. I haven't even had my bath yet. Dang it!

I took my perfume from where I do hide it and wore a little, just for the sake of smelling super nice. I rashly combed my rough hair before running down to get the door once again.

"Oh hey." I forcefully said immediately I opened the door.

He cocked his eyebrows quizzically with a slight smirk. "What was that for?" He said, chuckling.

"I er...never mind. Come in." I dragged him in and shut the door close.

I walked him to the living room and ushered him a sit. With all my questionable actions, he kept on looking at me perplexedly as he took his sit. Well, his looks were worth it. Couldn't blame him.

"Um...so what can I offer you, drink, food, water, snacks, bis–"

"Ruby!" He stopped me from gibbering. He then chuckled lightly "I'm fine Ruby. What's up with you?"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, standing beside where he was sitting, awkwardly might I add?

"Why are you...should I say all over the place?"

"Uh...nothing. Just that–" I trailed off.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Just that what?"

"Why are you here by the way?" I deviated.

He sighed. "I came to see you." He said simply yet seriously.

"See me? But you should have called. What if my parents were around?"

"Okay sorry about that." He sounded apologetic.

"Hmm. So why are you?" I inquired.

"To trash things out. You've been avoiding me throughout the week. Whenever I try to talk to you in lesson, you just cook up a story and then run away. I even chat you up but you don't reply. I called a couple of time but you don't pick up." He paused for a while. "Are you still angry with me?" He asked, his voice softened.