Estonia's Ending

" . . . Estonia."
Estonia's eyes widened, but he got to his feet anyway and followed the doctor to the hospital room.
"Don't be too long with her, she needs rest," the doctor warned, opening the door.
"I won't," Estonia said, walking into the room.
The room was filled with the soft noises of machines, most of which were hooked up to Masha, who was laying on a hospital bed and looking unusually calm, but thankfully alive.
"Masha?" he said quietly, and she looked up.
"It's alright, I'm still me" she smiled faintly as he hesitated to come closer.
"Are you okay?" he asked, approaching her bedside.
"Yes, didn't the doctor tell you?"
"Well, yes, but I was still worried . . . " he trailed off awkwardly, blushing.
"That's sweet," she smiled. "I wanted to tell you something."
"What?"
"I love you," she said softly.
He blinked. "Sorry, I don't think I heard you right."
She giggled slightly. "You heard me."
"Why me?"
"I'm not sure," she mused. "You're cute, and you act cute too. Maybe that's it."
He blushed worse. "I . . . like you too."
She closed her eyes, nodding slightly. "You should probably go now," she said quietly. "Come back tomorrow?"
"Of course," he said, nodding and walking back towards the door, but he paused as she spoke once more.
"You'll be fine," she said quietly. "Remember to be brave."
"I'll try," he promised, then turned and opened the door to go.