Chapter 26 Rek and the Titans

A.N So that's basically how I picture her looking. Sorry for the bad quality, it's crayon.Rek is the African word for stretch. That's why I chose it. It's so annoying, every time I write it, it gets underlined!😁 Anyways, ENJOY.
Ravens POV
We appeared in the Drug store. I still held Reks hand. Before I didn't like kids, but ever since Melvin and her brothers, I liked them so much more.

Starfire: So, what are your needs friend Rek?

Starfire asked close behind us. Rek didn't answer but instead lead us to the hair products. She picked out this hair oil. I read it out loud.

R: Coconut hair oil. Dry scalp?

Rek turned a bit red.

Rek: African hair is very dry.
Starfire: Oh that must be awful.
R: Anything else you need?
Rek: New clothes?

Me and Starfire laughed a bit. Rek was wearing old dirty clothes. Well they looked old...

Starfire: We will go buy you the clothes at the mall of shopping!

Starfire cheered.

R: First we have to pay though.

We made are way to the cashier. Under her counter was some Tic Tacs. I grabbed three boxes. One minty pack and two flavoured packs. I payed and handed the girls their candy. Rek smiled.

Rek: Thank You... Raven.

She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back. Starfire on the other hand...

Starfire: Oh, yes! Thank you thank you friend Raven!

She popped a red coloured one in her mouth. Rek had a orange coloured one. I placed a minty flavoured Tic Tac on my tongue.

R: To the mall.

I said while opening a portal. Starfire picked Rek up and walked through. I than entered closing the portal. We appeared outside the malls front door.

Starfire: Oh joyous! Friend Rek, we shall get you as many clothes and the accessories that you desire!

I really hoped Rek didn't like a lot. Let's rephrase that, doesn't like the mall at all, period.

R: Okay. What store do you prefer for your clothes selection?

She looked confused.

Rek: I don't know... I've never been shopping...

She said with guilt in her voice.

R: That's okay. We should take you to the same store we go to get are uniforms.
Starfire: Yes we shall!

Star grabbed Reks hand and went off through the crowds. I followed as quickly as I could. We arrived at the store. Just recently this store opened because of the increase of Supers. We entered and Rek looked amazed. It made me smile.

Starfire: To the section of infants!

Starfire cheered. We got to a rack that said ten-thirteen.

R: How old are you?
Rek: eleven.
R: Okay... This?

I pulled out a romper that was black.

Rek: Uhh...
R: With these?

I said pulling out boots. She shock her head no.

R: Agreed.

We laughed. We kept looking. It was mostly Star picking out uniforms like her own. Rek hated those ones. Finally Rek found something she liked. She pulled out a body suit. It was pink on her left shoulder but pink on the right side of her body. On her right shoulder it was orange and the left side of her body was orange. Down the middle of her stomach was silver. The silver covered her legs on both sides. Her back was just the orange and pink though.