Chapter 39 Smile, we love you!

A.N How are y'all? I'm tired and moody right now but hopefully writing this chapter will make me happy. The song is "It doesn't matter" by Chemical Brothers. I feel like you should listen to it after this chapter. It may match it. ENJOY.
Ravens POV
AHH. Two backbreaking days past by like the fall wind. We finished our gruelling training and we're "ready" to go. Yeah. I sorta wish I were stranded again with those weird aliens that would repeat whatever I say then go, " Shalla! " They gave me the best massages... Anyways, Robin just tracked down the man who killed Reks mother and his name is Adam Black. It should be easy to track him down because his licence plate is "Knife Life." It's pretty funny. We'll go tomorrow. I was anxious just to get this "Knife Life" over. But I still had this whole entire nice day left. With a sore back. Don't forget it. I laid across my bed, stretched out on my back. I hummed a song my mother Arella used to sing when I was so very young.

Sit still my wee love.
Mothers come to give you another hug.
Sweet girl, you are my inner dove.
My inner dove.

I sadly forgot all of the other lyrics. Just those very few I remembered. I've been connected to that song because every time I really unleashed my power, it came out as a dove. So when I defeated Trigon, I felt I was defeating him with my mother. I kept humming it. I heard a knock on my door.

Beast boy: It's me.
R: Come in!

I said lazily. The door slide open revealing him.

Beast boy: What' you humming?
R: Just an old song.
Beast boy: Sounds sweet.
R: It is.
Beast boy: Even if you sang those stupid lyric "I want you to want me, I need you to need me" they'd sound beautiful coming out of your mouth.

He flattered.

R: Thanks but, nah.

He sat down next to me.

Beast boy: What's on your mind?
R: Tomorrow.

I partly lied. He didn't need to know I was just missing my mother and Azarath.

Beast boy: Me too. I wonder what Adam Black will think of getting his ass whooped by an eleven year old girl.
R: That bastard deserves it though. He did kill her mother.

I said becoming a bit enraged. He calmed me down by trying to braid my short hair. The light tugging felt nice on my scalp.

Beast boy: He'll defiantly get what he deserves. Don't worry Angel.
R: What would I do without you sometimes?
Beast boy: I ask myself the same thing except for you.

He looked down at me and pecked my lips. What would I do without him?

***********

Starfire squeezed me half to death.

Starfire: Oh joyous Raven! Friend Rek will get to do the kicking of the but tomorrow!
R: Yep.

I said stealing all the air I could. She finally let go of me. We were just finished dinner. Cyborg and Beast boy played a video game. Almost a reunion for them. Rek danced in the corner of the room, right by the stereo. Robin leaned against the counter with a toothpick in his mouth. Starfire cradled silkie. I read my book... The way we used to always be.

Cyborg: Boo ya!
Beast boy: Damn! Dude this isn't fair.
Cyborg: It's so fair! I won this FAIR and SQUAR.
Robin: What are you reading Raven?