xv. Rather Wonderful

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

FIFTEEN "RATHER WONDERFUL"

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       HOLLY'S LATE TO breakfast a few weeks after the second task, thanks to her forgetting where she put her necklace — obviously not in her normal place, next to a book on her nightstand, she's scared she'll get strangled if she sleeps in it — and spending a solid twenty minutes searching high and low, until glancing towards the desk and seeing it, sitting right in the centre.

       She ends up spotting Harlow about to leave the hall and asking him to stay behind for a second, just so she can butter a couple slices of toast and eat them on the way to Potions. They leave the hall together, half a slice of toast already down Holly's throat.

       "It could be the stress of the tournament," says Harlow, as they pass a little group of students, wearing badges either supporting her or Cedric. She sees another group huddled around a magazine, giggling to each other. "Maybe you just forgot."

       "I suppose," says Holly, but she frowns still, wolfing down the last slice of toast. She's always thought that her memory's quite good... But, then, she supposes it's nothing major, is it? She guesses it's better for her, being sleepy last night, to forget where she placed her necklace rather than something important. "Why's everyone reading the same magazine?"

       She nods towards another couple of students, laughing as they hold onto a magazine, the same one as the group before. Harlow shrugs, and says, "Beats me."

       They reach the hallway around the corner from the Potions classroom and she hears Pansy, in-between a fit of giggles, let out, "There they are, there they are!" Harlow and Holly stop for a second, and exchange a confused look. "You might find something to interest you in there, Granger!"

       By the time they reach their friends, they're already being told to go into the classroom by Snape. Holly tries to walk ahead, to get to Pansy and ask what she's up to, but she's unable to push through the rest of their friends, and the Gryffindors trying to get into the classroom.

      Holly sits at the table next to Pansy, forcefully shoving Draco out of the way so that she can speak to her. Snape begins to speak before Holly can ask Pansy what's going on, so she figures that she'll ask the instant there's an opportunity to do so, before one of their friends can push in again.

       What has she missed? All of her friends keep on smirking and sneering at each other, all in the know about something she's seemed to have missed in, what, the twenty minutes she was alone in the dorm room? She doesn't get it.

      She dreads to think what her friends have conjured up this time, to make fun of one of the three. By the way her friends keep on looking around at each other, looking triumphant, she desperately wants to know what on earth they've done, so at least she can be aware of what's going on, rather than jump to the worst-case scenario.