xviii. Happy Holliday

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

TWENTY-EIGHT HAPPY HOLLIDAY

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       THE DAY OF the Quidditch match begins like this: Holly wakes up, feeling as though it's the morning of a Triwizard task. She sits up and she looks around, at Pansy who's already awake, pulling an emerald jumper over her head, and Millicent, who's trying to finish a Defence essay. Holly gets out of bed, thinking to herself, she's got this, and she shares a smile with Pansy. She's got this.

       "Oh, Hol!" says Pansy, a small smile on her face as she catches up to Holly, who's grabbed her hairbrush and started making the way to the toilets. Pansy's still smiling as she begins, in a hushed voice, "You'll never believed what happened yesterday, when you were out."

       When you were out. Holly remembers the night before, when at midnight she went out to the kitchens, slipping through the hallways and greeting one of the house-elves, who jumped at her arrival and asked if she wanted anything. She tried her best to ask him to retire for the night, and eventually he followed through with this, walking away and leaving Holly on her own, in her pyjamas, with her arms crossed and her gaze constantly flickering over to the door.

       "Hi," said Harry, as the door closed behind him, pulling off the Invisibility Cloak. Holly smiled at him, walking a little towards him.

       "Hi," said Holly. Her arms are still crossed, as she glances around, before she looks at him. "So, uh, just to make things clear — if anything happens in the match tomorrow, we don't argue about it, yeah?"

       Harry frowned. "Is Slytherin planning something—?" He noticed the look on her face, her eyebrows raised, and he stopped himself. "Gryffindor isn't..."

       "Neither's Slytherin," said Holly. Her brows are furrowed. "I just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page, you know? Just in case something does — because really, it's going to be a miracle if something doesn't end up happening, especially since it's the first match, and it's between Slytherin and Gryffindor."

       "Yeah, I know," said Harry. He looks around, almost as if he's nervous. Holly isn't quite sure why, considering they've already kissed, he's already told her he fancies her. There's nothing else to make him nervous, surely... Surely? "But, um, yeah, that's a good idea..."

       "If something happens, it'll probably have my cousin behind it, so I just wanted to tell you before. I don't think he's planning anything, but if he starts anything, I don't know about it," said Holly. Harry nodded. He continued to look around, his gaze moving from pot to pan as if he's awkward, anxious, as if he's got something to say but he can't say it. "So, yeah, um—" And this was where she got tired of him looking nervous. "What's wrong?"