xxvii. Path to Power

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

TWENTY-SEVEN PATH TO POWER

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       VIVIEN THE DRAGON sits on Holly's shoulder as she makes the trek from the library back to her common room; her friends keep on saying that she's getting a little ahead of herself, already making notes and revision material for her O.W.Ls in the upcoming summer term, but then, the muggle upbringing of hers motivates her to walk off in the direction of the library. Holly remembers the test she took at the start of her final year of primary school, and how she was practicing for that months in advance. O.W.Ls seem to be a lot more important than a test to get into schools she doesn't even attend. Why should she leave the revision until Easter? It seems silly to her... It also worries her. She likes being prepared.

       So she's made her notes on their past couple Charms lessons, figuring she'll be able to practice properly with her friends closer to the time, but for now, a little theory never killed nobody. Holly walks back through the hallways, minding her own business, dreaming of the book she's going to read before she goes to bed, injecting her dreams with tales of Frankenstein and his monster — and then, as she turns the corner, she sees three people dotted across an area of the hallway, all wearing different forms of concentration and glaring at seemingly nothing.

       Holly frowns at Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

       "What—What are you doing?"

       Harry spins around.

       "Dobby said there was a room here," says Harry.

       Holly looks at the brick wall. "There isn't."

       "No, it only appears when you really need it," says Harry.

       Ron nods in agreement. For a minute, Holly looks at them incredulously, before she remembers her disbelief when this said, that dog is Sirius Black, and the dog was, in fact, Sirius Black. So she looks at the wall. "How does it know you need it?" she asks.

       "Dobby said to walk past this bit of wall three times, concentrating hard on what we need," says Harry. Holly nods, feeling her cheeks burn a little.

       For the past few days the amount of little glances during lessons has increased between the two — and by the looks on Ron and Hermione's faces the following morning, they're fully aware that Holly and Harry kissed... And that neither of them has mentioned it since, because really, they haven't had the alone time to do so. Holly's been roped into homework help, and all of this revision means that by midnight, she's too tired to sneak to the kitchens.

       "Is it going to be for the—?" says Holly, breaking herself off to make some sort of expression that alludes to Defence lessons. Harry nods, and behind him, Hermione looks at her warily.